Publication: Shop Made Tools - 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publication: Shop Made Tools - 2015

I looked and didn't see another thread on this topic. I just received my 2 copies of Shop Made Tools- 2015. It's gorgeous! It's also chock full of some truly wonderful tips for home machinists. I made my small contributions on page 19 (tools for winding the quill spring and for removing the spindle nose on a BP or BP clone) and page 22 (tool Carousel for a Milling Machine).

I'm sure that I'll be using many of the great tips that others have come up with. Thanks to the management here for a lovely book!
    Last edited by GNM109; 11-25-2015, 10:15 PM.

What a nice surprise in the mail today! Very nice job of producing and loads of ideas. I too made small contributions. Lots of future projects! Thanks George!

Comment

I didn't even know about it. I must get a copy!

Comment

How would someone get these publications

Comment

I think this is it from our host.

https://secure.villagepress.com/stor...tail/item/2571

R

It appears that this for 2013. I am sure George will add to this......
          Last edited by rdfeil; 11-25-2015, 11:34 PM. Reason: add info
          Robin

Happily working on my second million Gave up on the first

Comment

Any supplier in the UK?

MBB

Comment

The letter that came with them mentioned they'd be available for sale in December, so I expect we'll see it on the village press site soon. It really is full of neat stuff, and it's the first time I've had anything published in print. I'll be sending the extra copy to my brother, down south.
              Max
              http://joyofprecision.com/

Comment

I got mine too. Thanks George.

As far as suppliers in the UK, I seem to recall someone there taking orders and ordering a bunch of them to save shipping on them individually over the pond. It might have been Sir John.

Brian
                OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Are you up for it, Sir John?

George

Comment

I received mine also. I have already photocopied 4 wonderful ideas to add to my project list.
                    Fred Townroe

Comment

Glad you are happy with them guys. I had planned to have the website set up by the time the author comps went out, but lots of people were out on vacation this week so it'll have to wait until next week. You should be able to order over the phone on Monday (800-447-7367). I'll post the web store link on here once we get it set up.

Thanks for all the great content guys! couldn't have done it without you...
                      George
                      Traverse City, MI

Comment

UK sales are usually handled by Cambden Books.

http://www.camdenmin.co.uk/pages/booklist-no-68

Is this new one the 4th ?
                        The first two were called readers tips I think but the one on Cambdens site, the 2013 version is a different name and I'm not sure if I have that one.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Will copies be available at Cabin Fever? I think it's coming up in less than 2 months this year.

http://www.cabinfeverexpo.com/
                          http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                          Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                          USA Maryland 21030

Comment

20.00 delivery for a 10.00 book? Insane!!

Comment

Originally posted by studentjim View Post
                              20.00 delivery for a 10.00 book? Insane!!
                              I agree!!!

That's exactly the reason I haven't bought any more of the other hardback VP books the last few years.

If more money is needed to make a book sale profitable then set the price of the book accordingly. I would find that more palatable than charging an outrageous shipping fee.
                              Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Working...
                              X