What is it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it???

I was wondering the eastern counties of Ohio this weekend. I stopped in at this little general store had stuff I remember from when I was in high school. The lady who ran the place had lots of thing in and around the store and she said that I could look in all of the drawers and cabinets. I did run across her deceased husbands WW II discharge from the Marines and property documents that were hand drawn.

I found this in the back storage place hanging on a nail, It had been there for a while. Most of the tag had been torn off of the ticket. She sold it to me for $3.00. I have been looking for a strng forged or welded ring, but does any one know what this is?

http://anvilsandinkstudios.com/whatisit1a.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

Possibly a hitching ring part of the harness gear from the horse drawn days.
    Cheers.
    Ian

Comment

I have seen similar devices set into concrete and boats or other valuables tied to them.Alistair
      Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Looks like a rear brake adjuster off a Hardly Dangerous motor cycle.

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Alistair Hosie:
          I have seen similar devices set into concrete and boats or other valuables tied to them.Alistair</font>
          Like tins of green paint, sporans and haggis's

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

This is an area that has hay farmers, Amish and no real industry. Other than the Ohio river, there is no big water.

I think it's something from a harness of some type, maybe for pulling wagons or buggys.

Jerry

Comment

Yeah, looks related to pulling harness. I just can't picture what it connects to.

I suspect the two pins are riveted over after installation.

Keep eye on ball.
              Hashim Khan

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by John Stevenson:
                Like tins of green paint, sporans and haggis's</font>
                John,

I am asking you as an englishman and gentleman as opposed to a north of the wall person because I need a proper answer....

If you see more than one haggis together, is the correct plural term "haggis's" or "haggii" or "haggies".

I hope you can clear this up for me because I thought it might be profitable to start breeding them.

Allan

Comment

I always thought it was Haggis's but after having recently seen a picture of Alistair I think Hagard would be a better and accurate plural.

John S.

Comment

Working...
                  X