Another ENCO 25% off & free shipping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another ENCO 25% off & free shipping!

Don't miss this Exclusive Online Only Savings Event! Cyber Monday starts NOW!
    Take 25% Off* all orders! No Minimums! No Exclusions! PLUS Free Shipping*

Use Promo Code: CYBER take 25% off and Promo Code: MONDAY for Free UPS Ground Shipping*.

To take advantage of both offers, be sure to enter both promo codes prior to checkout. Simply enter: CYBER (then click apply) for 25% OFF, then enter: MONDAY (then click apply again) for Free Shipping!

This offer ends Monday, 11/30/15 at 11pm ET.
    "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
    world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
    country, in easy stages."
    ~ James Madison

Bump....

Still good thru tonight, just order 2 bills worth of sundries for the shop.
    Gary

Appearance is Everything...

Comment

I am building an order, but I have a question. I want to get a step-block clamping kit for my HF Mill/Drill, and the slots have a 1/2" opening, with bottom of slot 0.626" wide and 0.345" high. The 3/8"-16 x 1/2" slot set seems correct, but T-nuts are 7/8" wide

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?P...LMPA&PMCTLG=01

According to this reference, the T-nut height is 1/2" which is OK and the bottom step is 9/32" or 0.281" which is also OK. The depth of the step would be 0.219" which would place the surface at 0.024" below the table which is also OK. I guess I can mill or grind the width to fit my slots which means removing 1/8" from each side.

I'm also ordering a bunch of other stuff:

I was also unsure about the carbide inserts, which have 1/64" radius. They also have 1/32". I haven't used carbide insert tooling on my lathe so I don't know what's best. It's just a HF 9x20 and I figure the smaller radius will take less power while taking a smaller cut, while the larger radius might give a smoother finish?

Found this:
      http://www.sandvik.coromant.com/en-g...s/default.aspx
      http://www.carbidedepot.com/formulas-insert-d.htm (1/64" is ANSI 1, 1/32" is ANSI 2, both about mid-range)

Dunno. The 1/32 is stronger and gives better finish. Maybe that's what I should get?
      Last edited by PStechPaul; 11-30-2015, 10:06 PM. Reason: Inserts
      http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png

Paul: www.peschoen.com
      P S Technology, Inc. www.pstech-inc.com
      and Muttley www.muttleydog.com

Comment

I run 321, 322, and 323 inserts on my 13x40. I like the 322 for common work, 323 for rougher jobs, and 321 only when I need a sharp corner as they are kind of sensitive to chatter and will chip.

Comment

I chose the 222. It's for the 3/8" tool which is what most of my larthe tooling is, which means I have to shim by 1/8" to cut on center. That allows a bit of adjustment if needed, and I typically don't do heavy cuts. Thanks for the reply, although I had to get the order in before 11 PM. I also searched the forum and didn't find anything especially useful.

I also ordered a 1 pound jar of Cherry Red case hardening compound. I'm not sure what I'll use it for, but it may prove handy. I might make a worm gear cutter for a 32 tooth thread dial for my lathe (to replace the 64 tooth). The compound is supposed to be used for low carbon steel, so probably not for 4140 as I had planned. I'll have to experiment with it a bit.
          http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png

Paul: www.peschoen.com
          P S Technology, Inc. www.pstech-inc.com
          and Muttley www.muttleydog.com

Comment

The Enco Cyber Monday offer has been extended until tonight, December 1:

"Use BOTH promo code CYBER for 25% off AND promo code MONDAY for Free Shipping
            Hurry offer ends 12/1/15 at 11:00 PM, ET."

Comment

Originally posted by tlfamm View Post
              The Enco Cyber Monday offer has been extended until tonight, December 1:

"Use BOTH promo code CYBER for 25% off AND promo code MONDAY for Free Shipping
              Hurry offer ends 12/1/15 at 11:00 PM, ET."
              Not sure what's going on at Enco:
              Sunday, received 1 cyber Monday email. Seems normal.
              Monday, received 6 cyber Monday emails (8AM, 9AM, 12Pm, 1PM, 3PM, and 4PM). Seems kind of needy.
              Today, received 0 cyber Monday emails. This just seems like a case of indifference.
              I wonder if the computer that sends out these emails is experiencing severe mood swings.

Comment

I was quite excited as I stuffed my shopping cart with nearly $2000 worth of stuff I've been wanting to buy for a long time. Granted it was all heavy stuff so I could take advantage of the free shipping (no exceptions). At least that's what ENCO advertised. When I got to the checkout counter I found that as usual Alaska was excluded from the free shipping, what a bummer. I had to put everything back. I think unreasonable shipping cost is probably the worst thing about living in Alaska.

That being said, I was treated to a very pleasant surprise when I ordered my 10 hp Phase Perfect digital phase converter from Phase Technologies. They offered free shipping but here again Alaska was excluded. So they shipped it for free to Seattle then charged me shipping from Seattle to Alaska and then gave me a discount on that. So an 85 lb package was delivered to my door in Alaska via UPS 2nd day air from Cedar Rapids S.D. for $70. Now that's reasonable freight charges.

Comment

Working...
                X