Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nachi Drill Bits Any Good

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nachi Drill Bits Any Good

    Any one use these made in Japan drill bits




  • #2
    I do.. they are superb. Drilled a lot of stainless... overheated the crap out of them and they still keep on cutting. $$$ though.

    Comment


    • #3
      Those drills are terrible,lousy for anything but wood and plastic,you should send them to me and I'll get rid of them for you
      I just need one more tool,just one!

      Comment


      • #4
        I like the & use them.
        "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
        world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
        country, in easy stages."
        ~ James Madison

        Comment


        • #5
          Nachi drills are as good as or better than anything else out there--perhaps a bit pricey but if they last longer do they really cost more?
          Keith
          __________________________
          Just one project too many--that's what finally got him...

          Comment


          • #6
            I find them to be very good drills.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
              Those drills are terrible,lousy for anything but wood and plastic,you should send them to me and I'll get rid of them for you
              Hey wierdscience I do not think they are wood bits lol,there are about 10 new bits in the lot and about 15 used ones even the used one are very sharp and no chips.Got them at a auction in the bundle Doall C-9V bandsaw,Modig 28" Radial Drill,Mill Drill,Fein 6" Belt Grinder,GS 6" Milling Vise,6" Drill Press Vise,6'x6'x2" thick welding table,5'x4'x3-3/8" thick welding table and other misc. $600.00 cdn. Going to pick up goodies tommorrow will know more after 1'' dust cleaned off everything.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
                Hey wierdscience I do not think they are wood bits lol,there are about 10 new bits in the lot and about 15 used ones even the used one are very sharp and no chips.Got them at a auction in the bundle Doall C-9V bandsaw,Modig 28" Radial Drill,Mill Drill,Fein 6" Belt Grinder,GS 6" Milling Vise,6" Drill Press Vise,6'x6'x2" thick welding table,5'x4'x3-3/8" thick welding table and other misc. $600.00 cdn. Going to pick up goodies tommorrow will know more after 1'' dust cleaned off everything.
                $600? That's a Category 4 you suck!
                I just need one more tool,just one!

                Comment


                • #9
                  5'x4'x3-3/8" thick welding table
                  Solid? I mean who knows...

                  So, about 2760lbs?
                  Have I got that correct?

                  Or is it an Acorn type that is a lot of "hole"?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
                    $600? That's a Category 4 you suck!
                    We will see if falls into you suck category,but even if some peices are no good I think I have my value out of bits,tables and vises.
                    Originally posted by RussZHC View Post
                    Solid? I mean who knows...

                    So, about 2760lbs?
                    Have I got that correct?

                    Or is it an Acorn type that is a lot of "hole"?
                    Table is SOLID ,I don,t know formula to calculate the weight.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
                      We will see if falls into you suck category,but even if some peices are no good I think I have my value out of bits,tables and vises.


                      Table is SOLID ,I don,t know formula to calculate the weight.
                      Steel is approx 490 pounds per cubic foot

                      4' x 5' x 3.375" / 12 = 5.625 cubic feet x 490 lbs/cu-ft = 2756lbs

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Agree.... one of the worst drill bit brand ever used
                        Last edited by DentorP; 12-04-2015, 12:22 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Interesting to see how many people call those twisty things drills and how many call them drill bits. The correct term is gradually being lost.

                          Jim

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jim Williams View Post
                            Interesting to see how many people call those twisty things drills and how many call them drill bits. The correct term is gradually being lost.

                            Jim
                            So what's new? ...the entire English language is gradually being lost. Replaced by icons and emojis, and whatever new and trendy word or expression pops up each day.

                            But as for the drill vs drill bit issue, I don't know which is replacing which, but I've seen both terms used in writing from at least as early as the early 1900's (e.g. circa 1908).
                            Regardless, I think "drill bit" allows eliminating confusion and more precise reference. "...boy hand me that thar drill and the 3/8 inch drill bit..."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              As soon as I see that the posters name is Tundra Twin track I automatically get out the "You SUCK" stamp.
                              mark costello-Low speed steel

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X