Interapid info page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interapid info page

Earlier this yyear I had a 312 get jammed. Wound up with a brand new 312 for 65 bucks (does that qualify for a "you suck). I wish I would of found this site then

http://www.factorydaily.com/topics/interapid-repair

Info on how to set backlash etc
    Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

due to my own clumsiness I jammed the new one yesterday. While searching the net for solutions I ran across the link in the above post. In both cases the pin on the sector arm jumped out of the engagement slot on the tension arm. The first time I disassembled the whole thing. Putting it back together was a royal PITA, You need three hands and special tools. But what had me stumped was setting the preload. The tension arm has a hairpin spring and the movement has a watch type spring. The tension bar spring provides spring pressure in one direction while the spring in the movement provides spring pressure in the other. Getting them balanced plus getting the hands set so that they return to zero (the center of movement) is a real trick. The first one I got close enough to use (repeats nicely it just doesn't line up with zero on the small hand. The second I got dead on. I might of figured it out on my own but it would of been a long frustrating process with out this info.
    Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

Bah- factorydaily scrapes its contents from real sites and changes the names. The original thread is here:

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...repair-264442/

allan

Comment

Well, factorydaily sounds like a place to avoid just on principle. I don't support that kind of Netiquette.
        "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

When I did a web search the site I linked came up first. Id tried a search on PM when I crashed the my old one and that thread didn't seem to come up.

Comment

you guys need to get a $12.00 Chinese version - they will take a ride on the spindle @1500 rpm's - change shape and colors as they "fan out" and then finally succumb to the incredible g-forces and take flight only to be stopped 4 ft away by a 1/2" thick piece of reinforced drywall...

thing is - is after all that they are even more "buttery feelin" I think the g-forces along with the sudden impact spread some of the assembly lube around...

Comment

CO-AX Indicators are even more impressive at 3000 RPM as a friend of mine can testify to. All I know is I went 40+ years and never had a crash other than a couple of cracked crystals. And then two in three months. At least I figured out how to handle the simple stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Spin Doctor View Post
                And then two in three months. At least I figured out how to handle the simple stuff.
                Spin Doctor?

Comment

Working...
                X