Atlas 7B Shaper part needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlas 7B Shaper part needed

I have an Atlas 7B Shaper all there except the knob (part # S7-145) for the guard door.
    Any one have one they dont need? Please advise. Thanks
    James

Sounds like an excellent job for a 3-D printer. It is an egg-shaped knob with a flat at the small and threaded end. There are several members here who have them and could possibly be encouraged to make one or a dozen.

Comment

Welcome,
      I have a 7" shaper and just looked at the parts book (not much help) however I will check out the knob in the morning ( currently 8:52, PM dark, temperature about 20`and falling) don't want to go out to shop tonight, but will check out in the morning and get back to you.
      Ray

Comment

"I'm back!!" Good morning Jamesmichaelo,
        Looked at my Atlas 7 mill this morning and was surprised to find all knobs are the same. They are shaped like a round drawer pull and are the same size. There is one on page 8 of the parts book showing it fastening to "Cover" part # S7-89A. Also on page 15 is the same knob with a slightly better drawing fastening to "Guard" part # S7-101. Note that on the "cover" part # S7-89A there is a" clip" part # 10F-732 and a 6-32 X 1/4" R.H. machine screw.
        I am at least 3rd owner and the parts book was with the machine when I bought it. The parts book has a date of AUGUST 1953 and is titled "Shaper Bulletin S78-5.
        Not a lot of help here, but let me know if I can be of further assistance.
        Have a good day
        Ray

Comment

Atlas S7 Shaper Knob

Originally posted by rock_breaker View Post
          "I'm back!!" Good morning Jamesmichaelo,
          Looked at my Atlas 7 mill this morning and was surprised to find all knobs are the same. They are shaped like a round drawer pull and are the same size. There is one on page 8 of the parts book showing it fastening to "Cover" part # S7-89A. Also on page 15 is the same knob with a slightly better drawing fastening to "Guard" part # S7-101. Note that on the "cover" part # S7-89A there is a" clip" part # 10F-732 and a 6-32 X 1/4" R.H. machine screw.
          I am at least 3rd owner and the parts book was with the machine when I bought it. The parts book has a date of AUGUST 1953 and is titled "Shaper Bulletin S78-5.
          Not a lot of help here, but let me know if I can be of further assistance.
          Have a good day
          Ray
          HI Ray

Yes the knobs are both the same , Part # S7-145. I need one for my guard S7-101. Do you have an extra one?

cheers
          James

Comment

Knob for 7B Atlas shaper

Originally posted by jamesmichaelo View Post
            HI Ray

Yes the knobs are both the same , Part # S7-145. I need one for my guard S7-101. Do you have an extra one?

cheers
            James
            No I don't. It would not be to difficult to make something that would work until you found an exact replacement.
            Have a good day
            Ray

Comment

Working...
            X