OT, cable kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT, cable kits

Hi all, I am looking to make custom parking brake cable and clutch cable for car restoration. Have been searching the web and not finding what I want. Who sells bulk cable and housing?

Not exactly bulk but McMaster Carr does have push/pull cables with a variety of options here. You might be able to make up what you need or get a start.
    "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

http://www.controlcables.com/ I have used them in the past with good results. Jay

Comment

I haven't looked around for this in a long long time, but have you tried vendors of motorcycle stuff, such as shops that cater to choppers? I think they have a fairly high demand for custom cables, and may be a good place to start looking.

Comment

If all else fails, go to a Ford dealer and buy a brake cable of a F250 crew cab with full size box. There will be enough for 2 cars.

Comment

This is where I get housings of all sizes: www.motionpro.com

Comment

I called control cables and they will only sell pre-made or custom made to order cables. I will call motionpro tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Comment

Is there a particular vehicle were talking about ?

Comment

Check these guys out as well.

http://www.cablecraft.com/products_c...eControls.html

You may have to look up one of their distributors in order to get components.
                  I find power transmission and industrial supply outlets usually have access to these types of parts as so much of their business is aimed at one-offs or custom installations.
                  Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                  Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Working...
                  X