No announcement yet.

Locking up a scooter/cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have something like these on all my car/truck covers and motorcycles. You could make one very easy and even boost the noise level as needed. It would run until that battery died. If you concealed it well they would have a hard time finding it to disable it. Pulling the pin activates it.

http://www.amazon.com/Dowco-26038-00.../dp/B000GU7DGS

Comment

Nine volt battery and 130 dB? Not in the real world it isn't. Those numbers are meaningless without a distance value as well as a frequency. The siren I have is rated at 115 dB at 1 metre. That means something, in particular that it is on the less than 1 minute for permanent ear damage level at that distance. The 9 volt battery unit may well be 130dB at 1 centimetre, which at 100 times further is going to be much less. It can't be calculated at distance using power factors since the way sound travels will be very dependent on things like the shape of the actual emitter, frequency, container material, size and shape, surface texture and so on.

Still, it seems like a worthwhile idea. Very loud sounds make it hard to think, very literally. Bright flashing lights are also interesting, especially when they induce epilepsy. With the LEDs now available all sorts of lighting effects are easy and cheap to produce. That is very worth considering just as a fun project.

The more I think about this it would be cool to add a string of super bright LEDs along the sides of the scooter. Add a controller that could make them flash in interesting ways and maybe play some loud industrial rock music like Rammstein and that would definitely attract attention when the machine was touched when it shouldn't be. ( I happen to like Rammstein a lot, especially since I speak German). Or, maybe use some sound recordings of people being tortured in creative ways. Maybe animals screeching, an eagle perhaps. I think I should get some sleep...
      Last edited by Evan; 03-28-2016, 06:45 AM.
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Just found this interesting device:

http://www.gizmag.com/bike-mine-expl...default-widget
        http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
        Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
        USA Maryland 21030

Comment

That is hilarious!

ME

Comment

Going back to the theme of a tube filled with another material....How about a tube filled with Kevlar strands, when the cutter breaks thru the tube the wheel grabs the Kevlar and turns into a twisted ball of snot. The tube can be bent into a horse shoe shape and then locked by the method of your choice.

Think loggers chaps for chainsaw protection. Here is a link showing the principal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWIwyfkmlNs

Non lethal, non explosive, non trouble making for you, and you might get a battery powered grinder in the process.

Rick

Comment

Just a though, a piece of heater hose large enough to be hard to use cutters on and fill the hose with tiger tar should stop a grinder cold and a good lock that is hard to get to.
              Richard

Comment

Originally posted by boaterri View Post
                Going back to the theme of a tube filled with another material....How about a tube filled with Kevlar strands, when the cutter breaks thru the tube the wheel grabs the Kevlar and turns into a twisted ball of snot. The tube can be bent into a horse shoe shape and then locked by the method of your choice.

Think loggers chaps for chainsaw protection. Here is a link showing the principal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWIwyfkmlNs

Non lethal, non explosive, non trouble making for you, and you might get a battery powered grinder in the process.

Rick
                I don't think a round grinding wheel would grab fibers so easily. Maybe fibers in some kind of 'goop' or glue (With the added bonus of the grinding wheel flinging sticky goop everywhere and could be enough to overload the motor trying to turn through a goo filled gap, Wouldn't take long at substainally reduced RPM to overheat the motor)
                Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

I like the idea posted in #80. Why not hold the two sections of block together with recessed bolts. However, make sure the bolts are special such as ones with 3 or 5 sides on their heads which require a special wrench/socket to remove them? Maybe a 6 sided bolt with no sides parallel?
                  Bill

Being ROAD KILL on the Information Super Highway and Electronically Challenged really SUCKS!!

Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

Comment

Working...
                  X