Dearson tooling tips carbide ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dearson tooling tips carbide ?

Anyone know of them or have experience of them? I have found their website , but it gives little real info away. At least not without first registering all the details of your company with them . I wonder mainly what these tips are used for as I have quite a few of them, and would love to know more. They look very nicely made. Any help would be great.Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Alastair, do you have a vet in the family that's supplying you with old horse dental tooling ?

Otherwise, this is the resource I use to find what carbide inserts I need:

www.carbidedepot.com/formulas-insert-d.htm
    Richard - SW London, UK, EU.

Comment

This chart looks very helpful can it be put in a place for others on here to reference? IV seen questions come up multiple time over the few years I've been here.

TX

Mr fixit for the family
      Chris

Comment

Thanks guys I have hundreds of these and want to flog them er sell them on UN-freebay so I need to know specifically about DEARSON .Maybe I will email them it cant hurt, or more importantly won't cost as I am a Scotsman LOL. Alistair

Comment

http://www.dearsonequine.co.uk/inserts.html?limit=all

What additional info do you need? It recommends combining 7 and 8 groove inserts for correct form and states they can be reground twice, are these for trimming horses teeth?
          Last edited by Magicniner; 03-25-2016, 07:03 AM.
          If you benefit from the Dunning-Kruger Effect you may not even know it ;-)

Comment

If they were for trimming horses teeth would they not be called DEARHORSE? Seriously no they look to be beautifully made insert tooling.I will try a few pictures . OH NO wait''' Apologies Brother I just looked at the post you sent. YES these are for horses teeth Equine Dentistry. but the do not resemble the cutters and tooling I have in any way.I wonder if it is a different firm or branch of DEARSON .I will show the ones I have they have no ridges or file type scraping surfaces in fact they look like normal engineering cutter tips to me we will eventually find out.
            The big MYSTERY.LOL ? Alistair
            Last edited by Alistair Hosie; 03-27-2016, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X