TV in garage ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV in garage ??

I was given a 40 something inch smart TV recently. I already have a tv in the family and bed rooms so I thought about hanging it up in the garage. My garage is unheated and has the typical wild temp swings.

Any thoughts on if it would hold up out there ???

Yes insulate and use the hot water heater for heat

Dave

Comment

The humidity may cause corrosion of electronic components.
      Kansas City area

Comment

I wouldn't do it. But, for a different reason.

No radio, no TV, no distractions where I work with power tools.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MikeL46 View Post
          I wouldn't do it. But, for a different reason.
          he come on, how else is one to keep up with the Kardashians? (I actually haven't a clue what a Kardashian is except the get a lot of media attention)

Comment

I have an old tube TV in my shop with the digital "Rabbit Ears" antennae.
            It was previously sitting outside, on the back porch for years.
            It still works great, despite the dust, dirt and temp. swings.
            I keep it on mainly as 'background noise' during Football season.

Comment

Ex-coworker has three peculiarly short fingers on his left hand. TV, football, and a radial arm saw is a very bad combination.
              Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
              http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Comment

Curious, just what would be so entertaining on the TV?

Comment

Garage is the BEST place for the TV.

So long as you never plug it in...... If that is still a temptation when it's out there, just put it on CL.

"Kardashian" sounds like it must be an adjective. probably not a good one, even if it IS longer than 4 letters

Keep eye on ball.
                  Hashim Khan

Comment

Environmentally stick it in there and see how it goes, if you leave it on stand-by the internal PSU will generate some internal heat and should fend off some condensation.

From the point of distraction a man's got to know his limitations, those who recommend no distractions from machines know theirs, I have Radio, 200 Disc CD Changer 2 PCs and TV in my workshop and can still count to 10 with my shoes on ;-)

My TV also runs as a big screen for my CNC Mill, one of my workshop PCs and a monitor for a camera for close-up views of machining on a big display.

If your mind can only cope with the job in hand then have no "distractions".

if your mind can cope with your work and still wants additional stimulation then listen to radio, music or even TV and dip in and out of visual input as is safe and suits you.

Or you could just listen to the "OOH! OOH! DON'T DO THAT! IT'S NOT SAFE! I WOULDN'T DO IT" bollocks from those who spout it copiously based on their own limitations or spurious unsubstantiated beliefs.

The decision is yours,
                    Nick
                    If you benefit from the Dunning-Kruger Effect you may not even know it ;-)

Comment

I have a tv in my machine shop/ garage and with google play i watch machine youtube when i am replicating a project or have issues to figure out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kenny6486 View Post
                        I have a tv in my machine shop/ garage and with google play i watch machine youtube when i am replicating a project or have issues to figure out.

Ooh, you can't do that, some Gimp thinks it isn't safe!

Comment

Oh then i will dismantle this weekend thanks [emoji6]

Comment

Oh then i will dismantle this weekend thanks - smile

Comment

There's always some tosser that thinks Health and Safety rules for protecting big companies from the stupidity and incompetence of their employees must be applied in home workshops.
                              Whilst I'm a big fan of safe practices I really hate pointless knob-heads who think they can tell what's safe for you by reading your posts.
                              If a TV isn't safe in a workshop then neither is another worker, they might distract you far more than a TV!

- Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X