No announcement yet.

OT - Computer Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you get your money back from Microsoft?
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
      Did you get your money back from Microsoft?
      Are you kidding? I paid for them to find their own problem. How else do you think MS stays in business?

I look at it as since I don't have any expertise in the computer area, I have to pay someone who does. Just like when ones pays for a Drs. visit when you are sick.
      Bill

Being ROAD KILL on the Information Super Highway and Electronically Challenged really SUCKS!!

Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

Comment

Yeah but you were paying to visit the doctor when he was sick. I suspect you could maybe still get your money back. However that might take another few hours of hold time. The problem was not likely the installer since many other things have installed just fine. Updating the installer just happened to change something so the install proceeded. But, at least your computer is now reasonably functional.

Comment

I look at it as the cost of modern technology. Saved quite a bit on postage stamps using email.
          Bill

Being ROAD KILL on the Information Super Highway and Electronically Challenged really SUCKS!!

Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

Comment

I've always had deep respect for Evan but if he thinks he can get a refund from microsquash without a bank of lawyers and 3 days on the phone
            he is obviously delusional.
            Guaranteed not to rust, bust, collect dust, bend, chip, crack or peel

Comment

I have always been delusional, nothing new about that. I did however beat the federal government here after fighting them for 4.5 years. It cost them $60,000 and helped get people fired because I proved some of them had lied in committee meetings with the parliament. I have very high testosterone.

Anyway, I am now leaving for Victoria and will not be online much for at least a week, see ya...

Comment

I understand the pain. It took me 8 years, a cop, 2 real estate brokers and a bunch of neighbors to get an amendment passed so we could have a couple of old vehicles stored on our 5 acres. Too old for that kind of stuff now.
                Guaranteed not to rust, bust, collect dust, bend, chip, crack or peel

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                  Yeah but you were paying to visit the doctor when he was sick. I suspect you could maybe still get your money back. However that might take another few hours of hold time. The problem was not likely the installer since many other things have installed just fine. Updating the installer just happened to change something so the install proceeded. But, at least your computer is now reasonably functional.
                  Thats nothing. Try owning MSVC2010
                  Several major functions no longer work after .net updates that microsoft has released (Profiling for example) and when you google the issue, you get a helpful MDSN page saying they know what the problem is and have a patch for it.
                  "Great"
                  "Just call this 1900, pay per minute support line, to get the URL to the patch..."
                  "...... WHAT THE..."
                  Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Working...
                  X