Big Gloat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Gloat

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/2098/4133.pdf Model K #3 plain 7200# complete & running for a Ben Franklin & another Ben to get it home. I've never paid to have a machine hauled but she's a big girl & his forklift is broken. Scrap is up to $85/ton so I'm still beating scrap evev after hauling.

Wow. Lucky you. What a fantastic machine. Well wear.

I'd offer to buy it from you for what you have in it plus a bit, but the shipping would kill me :-)

By the way: you suck!

Comment

That's a pretty good price for both. Hope you have a slab suited for it.
      I'm curious, what's the taper, NMTB 40 or 50?

Comment

Flylo:
        One way or another you have had a lot of machinery pass through your hands, what has your experience been regarding all the accessories that were originally available?
        Every time I covet old heavy machinery, inevitably when I find the catalogs, there are pages and pages of items that CNC equipment sort of made obsolete but for its type, having those extra arbors, all the supports ("X" ones in some cases), slotting heads, driven dividing heads etc. etc. sure would come in handy at times. Has your machinery come with such? Do you find them later somewhere else? Any interchange between models and makers for those types of things?

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
          Scrap is up to $85/ton so I'm still beating scrap evev after hauling.
          Around here scrap is penny-a-pound for shear.

Comment

Carm it's 50.
            Russ,It depends this one comes with the basics, I was hoping for the driven dividing head that came as an option but no luck. The 32 machine buy that got blown out of proportion came with 2 truck & trailer loads of accessories so it depends. I'm just running out of room but love this old stuff. This one came as a friend met a guy at the scrapyard & got talking & said he was downsizing & just needed gone so my friend called me. The government is going to phase out $100 bills so I just got a head start.

Comment

Wow. I'd love a nice horizontal mill, but ran out of room long ago.

Nice catch!

Dan
              At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Congratulations on the new addition to the family! You suck!

Was it very far away? I guess I need to schmooze the scrap yard guys to steer those sorts of folks in my direction.

Comment

Benton Harbor about 40 miles. I used to like walking junkyards but can't do it anymore. Amazing what companies throw away.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlByrns View Post
                    Around here scrap is penny-a-pound for shear.
                    Yeah same down here. I have a whole pile but not worth the gas to get nothing for it.

Nice score flylo.

Comment

Never used one, used a K&T of the same size, I ran a 6" slab mill on it, the chips were like darning needles, impressive, old iron is like dogs, it's just wrong to put them down when they still got life in them.
                      You suck
                      Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark but it is a K&T.

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
                          Thanks Mark but it is a K&T.
                          Oops, I did notice the K&T used the same green knobs as Cincinatti, odd I thought,
                          Thanks
                          Mark

Comment

Working...
                          X