Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drones Delivering Packages......... Really ????

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by flylo View Post
    I love to shoot & hope they deliver in my area as I won't even have to say "Pull". It will be like the carnival, aprize with every hit
    This has already happened a few times. I can't remember where I last heard of an incident where someone shot a drone out of the air because it was flying over their property.

    JL..............

    Comment


    • #17
      Can't lift anything?

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apwZPsUDj3Q
      Andy

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
        This has already happened a few times. I can't remember where I last heard of an incident where someone shot a drone out of the air because it was flying over their property.

        JL..............
        http://www.cnet.com/news/judge-rules...ver-his-house/

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by flylo View Post
          I love to shoot & hope they deliver in my area as I won't even have to say "Pull". It will be like the carnival, aprize with every hit
          Yea you have a drone just like you have airplanes unfinished kit planes hanging of the rafters in your building, that you did not build. Quit your bragging
          people remember your conflicting story's
          Last edited by GEP; 04-03-2016, 11:56 AM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Be interesting when an eagle attacks the drone, (which has happened,) and you get a message from the supplier saying your'e part is backordered due to,,,,

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by vpt View Post
              Related video...

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfa9HrieUyQ
              Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

              Comment


              • #22
                I think the word was "await".

                And I think you meant "figure".



                Originally posted by Lew Hartswick View Post
                flylo : I've read and re-read and still can't figgure out what that word is suppose to be in the quote < military totally whaite good size silent drone>
                whaite ?????
                ...lew...
                Paul A.
                SE Texas

                Make it fit.
                You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

                Comment


                • #23
                  http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-25-19-42-53

                  They're going to be used to deliver golf balls and refreshments soon, too.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by flylo View Post
                    Sure, I actually have a nice drone with a go pro camera
                    Well, with the recent court decision, I can legally shoot yours down if I merely think it might be spying on me, regardless of eyewitness testimony or flight recorder data to the contrary.

                    I'm just waiting for some goober to gun down an ultralight for the same reason.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      They will need to include artificial intelligence in order to outwit the local kids trying to steal it and some weaponry for pre-emptive strikes against any potentially wrong-minded, gun toting rednecks.

                      Phil

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by CarlByrns View Post
                        Well, with the recent court decision, I can legally shoot yours down if I merely think it might be spying on me, regardless of eyewitness testimony or flight recorder data to the contrary.

                        I'm just waiting for some goober to gun down an ultralight for the same reason.
                        In this case tho neither was really to the contrary. Neighbors testified they saw the drone below treetop level on several occasions, Boggs' contention was that Meredith wasnt justified to shoot his drone bc flight data shows it was much higher while over his property. The judge said it was inconsequential bc even at that higher altitude the drone violated Meredith's private air space and could be viewed as harassing so he was justified.

                        This isnt any landmark ruling, similar rulings have been made in the past against piloted aircraft and I highly doubt it will in any way affect anyone other than dummies playing with toys without educating themselves as to the legal ramifications.
                        "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
                          I think the word was "await".

                          And I think you meant "figure".
                          I believe he meant "white"
                          Location: The Black Forest in Germany

                          How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Dateline 1903
                            Kitty Hawk

                            The Wright Brothers flew there airplane for 59 seconds over a distance of 852 feet. They claim that it will usher in a new era.

                            LMAO these guys have got to be kidding, a new ERA. haha

                            Dateline 27 April 2005.
                            Toulouse France
                            Last edited by RancherBill; 04-04-2016, 05:30 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by justanengineer View Post
                              In this case tho neither was really to the contrary. Neighbors testified they saw the drone below treetop level on several occasions, Boggs' contention was that Meredith wasnt justified to shoot his drone bc flight data shows it was much higher while over his property. The judge said it was inconsequential bc even at that higher altitude the drone violated Meredith's private air space and could be viewed as harassing so he was justified.
                              1) Humans are lousy at estimating height. ANy police officer will tell you eyewitness testimony is very unreliable.

                              2) The FDR showed unequivocally that the quad was higher and further away than the shooter stated. The quad clipped a corner of the shooter's property- it was nowhere near the house. The judge did not look at the evidence, period.

                              3) There is no private airspace- the FAA believes it owns it all from ground to space (called 'the national airspace').

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Back when the report of Amazon using drones first came out I told a friend there was no way. I said around this neck of the woods they would be shooting them down for sport.

                                The guy who shot down the drone was not even 5 miles from my house. LOL

                                Shooter lied about where drone actually was.... Chargers dropped against shooter.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X