Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beautiful Bike, hand made parts.. Not mine, shucks..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful Bike, hand made parts.. Not mine, shucks..

In Savannah Georgia last weekend, I saw this bike on the riverfront. I almost drooled, look at the implementation of the supercharger, the hand made parts on this bike. This one didn't get ordered and assembled on tele. Beautiful.. I have no clue who owns it, I wanted to touch, but had too much respect.

And, a 6am picture of Tybee island. One thing about getting up at daylight, you got it all to yourself.. Most people are LAZY, sleep the most beautiful part of the day away.

David

You romantic rascal. Audrey

Comment

David, That sure isn't the usual cookie cutter is it? The supercharger...is it an automotive adaptation or is it purpose built for bikes? Any idea what kind of hp that thing makes?
      Russ
      I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

Kinda looks like a paxton built aftermarket for late model cars.. Not real sure.. It definitely is not a eaton like they put on the t-birds and lightnings, buicks. I am not familiar with the ones they use on VW's.

A supercharger adds torque as much as horsepower. Depending on how much boost is according to gear ratio in. With any air cooled engine you can go from Varoom to Ping-a-ping in a split second. A ideal way to build a supercharged engine is low compression forged pistons and pump up the compression ratio with the supercharger, making more internal volume equaling out a bigger engine.
        I saw a dodge turbocharger once used, they put spacers under the cylinders to lower effective comp-ratio. Then it really howled up high.. It was slow off the line thou.

David

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ibewgypsie:
          I wanted to touch, but had too much respect.

David[/B]</font>
          In your case thats called self control Amazing self control seeing as its so shinney Nice bike for sure.

I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

One of my neighbours (Mike) spent last winter puting together a hybrid bike. He started out with a 1984 Kawasaki 750 that is fuel injected and turbo charged. He got front forks, swing arm and wheels from some kind of newer sport bike and I was able to make him up the adapters that he needed to put it all together. I don't know much about motorcycles so if I got something wrong here Mike can correct me. I don't think that it will be to long before Mike gets himself a lathe and starts making chips.

To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Nice shiny paint just needs to get you to put some of those flash flames on.
              Cheers
              Ian

Comment

My wife and I went to Tybee Island a couple of years ago. She's into lighthouses and we climbed to the top of the one on Tybee Island. 157 steps if I remember correctly. Nice view from up there.
                THAT OLD GANG 'O MINE

Comment

This one?

This is the riverfront, My memory of it is the smell of Urine.. Lots of bars up through here, I guess they don't care where they go.. as long as they go..

David

Comment

We were sitting around the house in our pajamas, one saturday morning, and the wife was watching some cooking show. I wandered thru and she said she sure wished she had stopped at the ladies resturant last time she went thru there. I asked her where it was at, and she said Savannah. I told her to load the car, we're going to eat there tonight. Called for reservations and off we went. Pretty good food if you like Southern Cooking (which I do). I think the name was Lady and Sons Resturant.
                    I think it was a 335 mile trip for dinner. I had to work the next morning at 6am.
                    David from jax
                    A serious accident is one that money can't fix.

Comment

Snapper Jacks.. On the way to Tybee island..

We ate there.. We called to find out about reservations.. She asked if we wanted to eat outside or inside? I asked her to ask about Mosquitos.. if they were bad..

The waitress reply? Well.. we are in a Marsh, in Georgia, IN July.. what do you think.. she left out the DUHH...

I envisioned a mosquito with a 2 liter coke bottle for a belly..

I started teasing the waitress right off, she got right back on me.. I enjoyed that.. Usually I scare the hell outa people... I had a mowhawk that day too.

David..

Comment

Classy looking bike, looks better than Orange Country Trash.

Comment

"This one?"

Yep, that's the one.

THAT OLD GANG 'O MINE

Comment

Working...
                          X