Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has used a boring head for fly cutting ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has used a boring head for fly cutting ?

Also, do you know of a specific tool design that would be good for this? Thanks

If anyone wants to delete this thread feel free since I found the same topic that was asked about back in 2009. I'll read through it. Thanks
    Last edited by hephaestus; 06-02-2016, 12:43 AM.

Originally posted by hephaestus View Post
    Also, do you know of a specific tool design that would be good for this? Thanks

If anyone wants to delete this thread feel free since I found the same topic that was asked about back in 2009. I'll read through it. Thanks
    Can you post the link here??
    Who do I think you are...?

Comment

Can you post the link here??
      http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/thr...-A-Boring-Head

Comment

I have a d'Andrea boring/facing head that will fly cut to about 6" width. Got to run it slow because it is way out of balance at that diameter.

Comment

Iv used a 4 inch boring head with a 1" bar 12" long with 7 inches out the side of a boring head. The boring head had the R8 shank spot welded on so it cant unscrew, put it in back gear. grab .030" start the power feed as slow as she goes and run a broom for a while.

Worked OK truing up some cast iron but was less then optimum, it looked nice. Nothing beats a real face mill though.

Comment

Working...
          X