OT electrical help with camper trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IdahoJim View Post
    I think breakaways are only required on dual axles or more. Single axle trailers may have them, but not required by law.
    Jim
    It varies by state. NY requires breakaways on any trailer with brakes, regardless of axles. My Jayco fold-down had hydraulic surge brakes with a breakaway device that pushed and locked the master cylinder pushrod.

Comment

Ok, so as not to leave any dangling threads. I couldn't set the trailer up until I went to use it last weekend and the cell phone reception where I was at was insufficient for internet. Anyhow, the green wire is for charging the converter. In the wiring diagram it id show electric brakes, the guy I bought it from said it had them. I had a brake controller installed on our Durango before picking it up. Got it home and crawled underneath and if t has electric brakes the must be some new marvel type because there is just a 6 bolt hum on the end of an axle. No wires going into axel or to a drum, no drums and no disks. The trailer only weighs about 1600 lbs empty so I think they use one diagram for many models, lengths and options and you ignore the information not relevant to yours.

Added on edit: The green wire was to the converter and charges the battery. Meter read 12.97 VDC when plugged into shore power.

Thanks once again to all who replied.
      Last edited by fishfrnzy; 06-23-2016, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fishfrnzy View Post
        In the wiring diagram it id show electric brakes, the guy I bought it from said it had them. I had a brake controller installed on our Durango before picking it up. Got it home and crawled underneath and if t has electric brakes the must be some new marvel type because there is just a 6 bolt hum on the end of an axle. No wires going into axel or to a drum, no drums and no disks. The trailer only weighs about 1600 lbs empty so I think they use one diagram for many models, lengths and options and you ignore the information not relevant to yours.

Thanks once again to all who replied.
        If you ever decide you want brakes you can buy fully-loaded brake assemblies- everything from the backing plates to the shoes, ready to bolt on.

Comment

Working...
        X