This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghostgunner: tabletop CNC mill dedicated to machining AR-15 recievers

What do the gun guys here make of this? Does it have non-gun applications or have they locked it down? The latter would be funny given the anti control nature of it.

Apologies if this is old new, I did search here and found nothing on either the device name or the maker. And I wish img width=x would work on this site.

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/20...-gunner-ar-15/

Last edited by gellfex; 06-28-2016, 06:44 PM.

I don't really understand why you would go this route instead of just walking into a gun shop or a gun show and buying one. Gun control of the sort this machine is supposed to preempt is never going to happen in the US.

Comment

1) gun control is an obsession with some people and will be a dominant topic of political conversation for the next 4 years. AR-15s are the central focus of said obsession

2) you don't have to fiddle with Form 4473 or serial numbers. Better yet: I would use serial numbers of things I own like classic cameras and 70's stereo gear. kindly explain how the firearm in your possession happens to be called an AU517 and has the serial numbers of my Sansui AU517 and here is the plate for the Etch-A-Matic I used to etch the serial numbers... proof of possession without third party involvement

P.S.: Updated version 2, more better everything:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...nting-machine/

http://www.defensedistributed.com/
      Last edited by AD5MB; 06-28-2016, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mattthemuppet View Post
        I don't really understand why you would go this route instead of just walking into a gun shop or a gun show and buying one. Gun control of the sort this machine is supposed to preempt is never going to happen in the US.
        But stoking fear of said gun control stimulates LOTS of gun sales, and sales of these. Of course all you have to do if these become a problem is control the sale of AR-15 barrels. Not a tabletop job.

Wouldn't it be fun if there was a firearm spinoff of "Forged in Fire"? Contestants hand make projectile weapons from scratch! I think they'd need more than 6 hrs for the 1st 2 rounds.

Comment

If Hillary wins, she'll put two liberal justices in the Supreme Court, kiss the 2nd ammendment good bye! Everyone already ignores the "shall not be infringed" As far as the reciever mill is concerned, what a waste of money... Why take something as universal as a cnc mill, and make it single purpose? It's not an industrial machine.
          Last edited by RB211; 06-28-2016, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
            Everyone already ignores the "shall not be infringed"
            You mean the way they ignore the "well regulated militia" part? The whole thing reminds me of the contract editing scene in the Marx Brothers "A Night at the Opera".

Comment

Working...
            X