Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone doing the tram device from the last HSM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone doing the tram device from the last HSM?

Article by J Gavin.

I thought about that because the round ram machines like his, or Benchmaster, etc are hard to tram if they do not have a worm drive device such as the article shows on his. It ends up coming down to tapping and tightening to get it exact, which is a time consuming pain. My Benchmaster has a pin for trammed position, which might work, IF I had the original head on it, which I do not. It is a few degrees off, I'd have to plug it and re-drill.

I had thought of something like the J Gavin project, but intended to actually be used to set tram, not just hold it. Either a pair of opposed screws, like the article, or a long arm and section of worm wheel, more like the adjuster on his mill, but with more leverage and finer adjustment. That way, if you got it reasonably close, you could have a fairly fine screw-type adjustment to get it nailed down precisely.

Anyone following the article? Or doing a different version?
    CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
    Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
    Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
    I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
    Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.
Working...
X