No announcement yet.

For 1-800miner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just say thanks and help someone down the road.... Its how America is supposed to be. People helping people.

I got a bunch of misc stuff... Anything on you list?
    Feel free to put me on ignore....

Comment

I tend to buy 2 or three of everything. As a result I can't buy anything when Harbor Freight has a sale.

If there are any particular hand tools (power or manual) that you still need, let me know. At $15 per flat rate box I should be able to get some stuff all the way across the state.

Dan
      At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

There is something that I could use. a bench grinder with a wire wheel.
        I literally had a ton of nuts and bolts that I hope to recover. I will have clean up threads to utilize them.
        It is too far to town to run for a bolt every time I need one.
        I imagine the grade eights are now grade two but they will get me going.

I have a ten inch three phase grinder, that didn't get hurt, that I was going to sell to get the shop class some money.
        But a three phase converter is low on my list right now.
        Last edited by 1-800miner; 07-16-2016, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Small ( 3 inch dia ) bench grinder on it's way, along with a set of metric and SAE wrenches. Shop towels used for packing. At least one flashlight.

Dan
          At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

It too far to send tools for me so how do I pay with payppal or CC?

Comment

By chance anyone going from east of Michigan to 800miners way. I have some machines but freight will be killer. I have a flatbed & trailer but can't drive 36 hours straight like I use too but would love to go if anyone else had machines on the route I could pick up on the way but I'd need a helper/2nd driver & enough machines to make it worthwhile but am more than willing.
              I have a lathe, surface grinder with mag chuck, carbide tool grinder, Wells or several other metal horiz bandsaw, 3 phase Mig welder, AC/DC welder,20 ton hyd press, motors from 2 to 100 HP, drill press, etc, etc.
              Last edited by flylo; 07-16-2016, 06:02 PM.

Comment

One thing to keep in mind guys, he has no buildings left to put things in. Shelter for this winter is going to be a big issue. If
                I had a way, I'd put a crew together and go build/re-build some shelter for him.... Still tryin' to figger that out....

Pete
                1973 SB 10K .
                BenchMaster mill.

Comment

I can wait till spring.

Comment

I am so overwhelmed at your generosity.
                    I just asked my wife to read this entire thread. When done I asked her what I should do.
                    She said "say thank you" I replied "that is just two little words"
                    She said "sometimes that is all you can do"
                    Thank you

Comment

Just what friends do. Look at all you're going thru & still offering to part out what's left of your machines. How many people would think of helping friends on the forum instead of binning it all & moving on. It takes someone special to do that, so we should be Thanking You!

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
                        ... I have a flatbed & trailer but can't drive 36 hours straight like I use too but would love to go if anyone else had machines on the route I could pick up on the way but I'd need a helper/2nd driver & enough machines to make it worthwhile...
                        My body is no longer functionally adequate to assist, but would like to contribute $100 towards gas/lunch/whatever road expenses, or send direct to Miner. PM me details if you need money for coffee and slimjim's, or Miner's PayPal to buy him wire brushes.
                        I hear and I forget.
                        I see and I remember.
                        I do and I understand.
                        Confucius (孔夫子)

Comment

Originally posted by 1-800miner View Post
                          I am so overwhelmed at your generosity.
                          I just asked my wife to read this entire thread. When done I asked her what I should do.
                          She said "say thank you" I replied "that is just two little words"
                          She said "sometimes that is all you can do"
                          Thank you
                          Your wife is right.
                          Your story about quitting your job to help your neighbours reminds us all about the person we would like to be, but not always are. Also the losing of one's shop to a fire is something we can vividly imagine.
                          Besides, the opportunity to help someone else makes us feel better about ourselves, so thanks for that
                          Igor

Comment

I boxed up some new surplus I had extras of. Will try to get in the mail tomorrow.
                            Endmill grinding fixture
                            Nickel welding rod
                            6" Bench grinder brush
                            Small zip wheels
                            3 Carbide tip cordless saw blades
                            2 pair Safety glasses
                            Dust masks
                            2 large 1/2 round files
                            1" drill bit
                            Several 1x42" sanding belts
                            Several porta band blades
                            Bunch large zip ties
                            Air line quick coupler set
                            Roll of heat shrink tube
                            Couple rolls emery cloth
                            Filled rest of the box with assorted hardware and other goodies
                            If you can't use some of it pass it on.

Comment

More items on their way:

Machinery's Handbook 29th ed. via media mail
                              Micrometer 0-1 Starrett 230
                              Calculator
                              Digital Caliper
                              Tool bits via Priority mail
                              George
                              Traverse City, MI

Comment

I am throwing end mills, taps, angle plates, you name it, in oil drums to save them until I have time to sort.
                                Makes me sick to abuse this stuff, but I have more important priorities.
                                Good news...I am going to learn all about retempering tools. I have a lot to practice on.

Comment

Working...
                                X