For 1-800miner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
    Come on you guys send some money to this PayPal account.

[email protected]
    From time to time I am accused of being the dim bulb on the string, so please explain to me how the above is a paypal account.
    When I click on the highlighted portion of the above message it opens outlook express, not paypal.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by doctor demo View Post
      From time to time I am accused of being the dim bulb on the string, so please explain to me how the above is a paypal account.
      When I click on the highlighted portion of the above message it opens outlook express, not paypal.

Steve
      It's OK Steve. Go to PayPal, log in, go to send funds, and enter that email address for who to send the money to. Don't click on the email address like normal. Right click it, select 'copy', then paste it into the PayPal form.

Pete
      1973 SB 10K .
      BenchMaster mill.

Comment

PROGRESS!
        The clean up crew is here!
        I have six men wearing cute white suits and respirators scurrying around with a 235 excavator, a hightrac skidsteer, and a 996 loader.
        loading dumpsters with iron, Other dumpsters with ash and debris.
        And of course two overpaid inspectors sitting under a shade tent, sipping lemonade.
        I can see some clear land down there. Already thinking on the layout for rebuilding.
        I have four seatrains out on the road just waiting to become the new man cave.

Comment

Daryl
          Glad to see that you are slowly getting your life back

Hang tuff & let us know how you are doing
          George from Conyers Ga.
          Remember
          The early bird gets the worm, BUT it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by doctor demo View Post

Steve
            Sorry Steve. I figured if someone had a PayPal account they would know how to use the email address. My bad! Pete explained how it works. Thanks Pete.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

The back is cleared, the clean up crew is gone to tackle the neighbors place.
              I have a clean slate to start building on.
              First order is to haul in trucks of dirt and raise that area a foot.
              A woman down town heard about my shop burning and said stop by.
              She gave me her fathers Atlas six inch lathe and a bench mount Buffalo drill press.
              Both were never used and have the owners manuals with them.
              I may have down sized but still going strong.

Comment

I pulled the Atlas shaper and stared stripping it down. I am surprised that the bolts all turn freely. I am sure that will change with the first rain.
                The pulley shaft and clutch are spoken for as well as the clapper. The rest will be junked unless you speak up. Tell me what you need of it and I will ship it. You pay me the shipping and whatever you think it is worth. George, if I am stepping on toes, just tell me to shut up.

Comment

the only thing I need is the guard and hinge bracket off the right side of the machine

Most are long gone
                  George from Conyers Ga.
                  Remember
                  The early bird gets the worm, BUT it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

You mean the belt guard? Right side facing the machine? gone. The small guard on the other side covering the gear box is there.

Comment

Hi Daryl,

I haven't been here for awhile and I am SO glad to hear of your progress.

If you still have the base, column/body and ram for the Atlas shaper I would be interested. Also the associated strips that hold the ram down would be nice, but not absolutely necessary.

I have been playing with the idea of making a small Swiss style jig bore and just can't bring myself to strip my Atlas for a few castings.

I have a decent American made super spacer, some 1-2-3 blocks and I know a lot more that I have been hoping to bring to you.

You may not have to ship. Sound possible?
                      Best wishes to ya’ll.

Sincerely,

Jim

"To invent you need a good imagination and a pile of junk" - Thomas Edison

"I've always wanted to get a job as a procrastinator but I keep putting off going out to find one so I guess I'll never realize my life's dream. Frustrating!" - Me

Comment

I am so sorry, I had not heard from you and scrapped it.

Comment

miner just sent me some parts for my Atlas horizontal. Help from a complete stranger thousands of miles away... Makes me want to be a better person. Thanks!

Comment

Good news! We poured twenty yards of concrete today. The new shop has a floor and four imaginary walls that look beautiful.

Comment

Wow! that's going to be HUGE. I'm jealous.

Dan
                              At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

I really need to get a camera to keep you guys posted. We did a twenty by forty slab between two forty foot seatrains with a fifteen foot apron outside the shop. around the side we did a twelve by twelve the set the trolley crane. And an eight by eight which will be enclosed with chain link fence for the trash barrels.

One of members is in the fastener business. They offered to sell me some stuff. I am in the market for self drilling sheet metal screws and I would be happy to buy from him. I scrolled through this and other threads and can't find the offer. If it rings a bell.......

Comment

Working...
                                X