No announcement yet.

What kind of collet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe you could buy or borrow one ER collet to see how it fits.
    Kansas City area

Comment

That chart I provided the link for also has ALL the dimensions for the ER collets. Measuring and checking should quickly spot the size as well as indicate if an ER style would be compatible.

I'm also wondering if a new ER "nut" would make the tapered socket compatible with the ER collets?
      Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Here's a link to a page that has specs for all types of collets:

http://www.tools-n-gizmos.com/specs.html

Try the double taper first and see if that matches. If not you'll just have to check each type.

Glenn
        So many projects . . . so little ambition! Arroyo Grande, CA

Comment

NICE FIND!

I don't see the E type collet listed. But the Double Taper might be an option. If it is a DT style then the ER won't work. Different angles.
          Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

It looks very much like some collets I picked up a while ago. They are by Schaublin, described as "Type ES-32", and are identical to the ER-32 equivalents except the absence of the extractor groove. I was unable to find out any more about them. I considered grinding the groove into them, but in the end I turned the extractor flange out of an ER-32 closing nut and use them in an ER-32 chuck. They can be extracted with a 'bopper' through the spindle bore.

I have some duplicates if anybody wants them, unused and still in their original boxes and keeping grease.

George

Comment

You can use an ER or E collet with an E nut but not the other way round.
              Only problem is the E's stick in the taper and need a whack to get out, hence the groove that was added later by Regifix

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Georgineer,

I would love to have them if they would work. The only collet I have is the one in the picture.

It might be complicated to get them, but my daughter lives in Newcastle and she could bring them to me later.

David
                Vitَria, Brazil

Comment

Originally posted by davidwdyer View Post
                  Someone gave this set up and I am wondering about getting more collets for it.

Anyone have any idea what it is?

http://www.johndyerco/Dad/collet1.jpg
                  Your link is missing the .com. Sorry can't help on the type...

http://www.johndyerco.com/Dad/collet1.jpg

Chuck

Comment

Ahaa! That was the problem. Thanks.
                    Vitَria, Brazil

Comment

PM sent.

George

Comment

Working...
                      X