Minor tool gloat:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor tool gloat:

Howsabout a low-miles Bridgeport 12" rotary table, in excellent shape, for $100?

It'll go great with the free knee mill I got earlier this week.

(Okay, okay, I'll stop gloating now... )

Doc.
    Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Originally posted by Doc Nickel View Post
    Howsabout a low-miles Bridgeport 12" rotary table, in excellent shape, for $100?

OK, I'll take it.
    I hear and I forget.
    I see and I remember.
    I do and I understand.
    Confucius (孔夫子)

Comment

looks very clean. I pick up a servo drill press this week....'tis the season for deals it seems
      in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Nice, what's this "free" mill, he'll of a find in the bottom of a cerial package.
        Please elaborate the semi gloat to its full grandeur, excuse my smell checking, I think I got the retard option with the lost update.
        Mark

Comment

Sir John would think you paid to much.
          The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

I'll pay you 200.00 AND pay the shipping!
            SEND IT TO ME OR YOU'LL SUCK............
            Definition: Boat, a hole in the water you throw money into!

Comment

Nice buy, but it is missing the bolt on combination lifting handles and hold down lugs.

The main problem with a 12" table is the weight, and trying to manhandle one. The handles are a worthwhile feature to duplicate.
              Jim H.

Comment

YOU SUCK! I bought the same exact size & model for $75 but it was a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by JCHannum View Post
                  Nice buy, but it is missing the bolt on combination lifting handles and hold down lugs. [snip] The handles are a worthwhile feature to duplicate.
                  -Yep. It'd been "converted" to vertical- they'd bolted a wide flat plate to one end. When I got it, they'd bolted a bronze gear to it that looked exactly like an automatic transmission flexplate, but it was made of thin cast bronze. I suspect they'd set it up to drive some kind of geartrain for positioning- the mounting plate was only bolted on with the two 5/16" bolts that usually attach the handles, so I doubt they were doing any milling with it. (And the gear hadn't been machined.)

That's how it was set up when the place went to auction, and that's how the table was set up on the lot pallet.

Guy I got it from was after other equipment on the same pallet (among other things, two of the largest bench vises Wilton made at the time) and sold it to me cheap.

The handles were, of course, lost to history at some point. I'll fab up some new ones.

Doc.
                  Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

I thought your "minor tool gloat" might be more like:

"Found this for free in my next-door-neighbor's back yard !"

Comment

There's a fine line between "you suck" what a great deal versus

You stole that sucker...

Way to go man...

Comment

Working...
                      X