Plant tour, How 22 Rimfire is made!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plant tour, How 22 Rimfire is made!

I think this is machinery related. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rCZ...ature=youtu.be

If you can find a copy of George Frost's book, "Ammunition Making", there's a lot of material on the dies for making cases and bullets for rimfire and centerfire production, and shotgun too! A very interesting read on high-production methods, and something for almost any metalworker.

Comment

Since the 22 thread was closed, I have
      to say if more people lived by the advice:
      "don't get caught" there would be a lot
      more people getting arrested and going
      to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by bobm4360 View Post
        If you can find a copy of George Frost's book, "Ammunition Making", there's a lot of material on the dies for making cases and bullets for rimfire and centerfire production, and shotgun too! A very interesting read on high-production methods, and something for almost any metalworker.
        It's on the web as a PDF file.
        The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

I'm not taking a chance on a firearms charge of 5 years a big Bubbas GF & $25K fine. That's why I think the Bumpfire is such a great idea. I have the federal paperwork rolled up in the stock in case someone needs to verify it's legal. I did buy one for an AK & another AR before Bumbfire was forced closed & they need no other part to run great. But the 22 is so much fun & seems pretty accurate in sloomo fire . It didn't need it but I had bought the muzzle accelerator so I put it on today. Are these legal in the UK? I'm sure Boslab could have a ball.

Comment

My FIL lives in Lewiston, Idaho (actually Clarkston, Washington--across the river) and have tried for many years to get a tour of the factory there---same answer always--NO

Comment

Very cool video.

BTW

unrelated but your quote from George Washington is as real as

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

http://www.mountvernon.org/digital-e...us-quotations/

sam

Comment

Like all "Informationals" it's made for the internet generation who don't know what they don't know and wouldn't know it if it hit them in the back of the neck.
                I'd have liked to have seen more information on the case forming process, I assume the rim is made using a hydraulic process but there's Sweet Felicity Arkwright about that! :-(
                If you benefit from the Dunning-Kruger Effect you may not even know it ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by skunkworks View Post
                  Very cool video.

BTW

unrelated but your quote from George Washington is as real as

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

http://www.mountvernon.org/digital-e...us-quotations/

sam
                  You're right & I'll remove it. Thank you! Here's where it came from Date: 1926 September, Periodical: Hunter-Trader-Trapper, Volume 53, Number 3, Section: Guns and Ammunition, Article title: Older Ideas of Firearms, Article author: C. S. Wheatley, Start Page 34, Quote Page 34, Publisher: The Hunter-Trader-Trapper Company, Columbus, Ohio.

Comment

Yah - it is quoted tons of places as being attributed to GW.

Originally posted by flylo View Post
                    You're right & I'll remove it. Thank you! Here's where it came from Date: 1926 September, Periodical: Hunter-Trader-Trapper, Volume 53, Number 3, Section: Guns and Ammunition, Article title: Older Ideas of Firearms, Article author: C. S. Wheatley, Start Page 34, Quote Page 34, Publisher: The Hunter-Trader-Trapper Company, Columbus, Ohio.

Comment

Working...
                    X