• ptjw7uk
    replied
    Nice to know he is OK.
    Very direct as usual - good for him!

Peter

Leave a comment:

• Paul Alciatore
    replied
    Sounds like great news. I wish him all the best.

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    Thats great news about Evan!

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    I sent him an email. He sounds great!! He said I could forward this to you all JR

"I am fine. My hep C is totally cured and my health is far better than it has been for many years. I am not currently doing anything related to designing or making anything at all of any sort. I haven't even set up my 3D printer yet. I am living in Victoria, BC. I may get involved with the local British Columbia Aircraft Museum helping to restore old aircraft. I am a member. I used to work there at a hanger just 300 yards away in the 1970's. We have an Avro Lancaster coming in soon for a total rebuild and they need a good machinist. I may decide to get involved with that and if I do I will most likely have something to post from time to time. Right now I have other things on the go. I am going back to university for a while and it has nothing to do with machining. I may also be getting involved with the local Dominion Astrophysical Observatory. I also worked there in the 1970's. I might get around to posting something to let the others know what I am up to but right now my life is pointed in a very different direction.

Go ahead and post this if you want,

Evan"

And this one--->>

"By the way, you can mention that I haven't looked at the HSM site even once since I last posted. I just don't work that way. If I am on the site I post something. Otherwise I never lurk, period. So, I have not the slightest clue what has been going on there. I am not going back on right now. I have other things to think about. I have no issues with HSM, it is just how I do things and always have.

Evan "

Leave a comment:

• danlb
    replied
    Originally posted by RB211 View Post
    I've been here since around 2002, with a different screen name that was banned. I'd rather not say, as I am quite embarrased by some of my antics under that old name. I'd rather they stay buried.
    heh. I've found some of my posts from the late 1990s. I was arrogant then too.

Hope Evan is OK.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    I've been here since around 2002, with a different screen name that was banned. I'd rather not say, as I am quite embarrased by some of my antics under that old name. I'd rather they stay buried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heee. Im solly. Its the weekend, a long one at that. I was yankin yer chain. I know you have been around here lots more than 2015. Again, just checkin in JR

Leave a comment:

• Mr Fixit
    replied
    If I recall, he was headed West to Vancouver BC area, and what he told us was he most likely would not have internet when his RV move and placement was completed. I think he said the local library was going to be his connection. I just hope his new digs are working out, as he was looking at remodeling the RV to have a shop and new neighbors in a park like setting.
    Hopefully one of the regulars might have better contact information and could update us all.
    Glad you asked I've been wondering too!

TX
    Mr fixit for the family
    Chris

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    Originally posted by Rosco-P View Post
    Let's not make this a pissing contest.
    Evan was a smart guy and had a lot of knowledge to share.
    I'd think we'd all hope his move went okay and he's alright, just out of contact.
    Yes, this is what I am hoping for as well. He has a ton of knowledge to share still.

Leave a comment:

• Rosco-P
    replied
    Let's not make this a pissing contest.
    Evan was a smart guy and had a lot of knowledge to share.
    I'd think we'd all hope his move went okay and he's alright, just out of contact.

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    O.T. - Where in the world is Evan?

Originally posted by JRouche View Post
    Dont make assumptions Mr. Ya just got here. Hard to figure out Evan much less his people.. JMO
    JR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RB211; 09-03-2016, 09:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    He is either...... I doubt his wife will update us.
    Dont make assumptions Mr. Ya just got here. Hard to figure out Evan much less his people.. JMO
    JR

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    He is either very busy, without internet, or no longer with us. I doubt his wife will update us.

Leave a comment:

• Sparky_NY
    replied
    I have been wondering also about Evan. Last I recall he bought himself a RV that he planned on living in and was in the process of that transition.

Leave a comment:

• Magicniner
    replied
    Most of his site is unavailable but you can still find most of it here -

http://web.archive.org/web/200904010...tp://ixian.ca/

You can choose and view snapshots of his site from a variety of dates there.

Leave a comment:

• Rosco-P
    started a topic O.T. - Where in the world is Evan?

O.T. - Where in the world is Evan?

He hasn't posted since 5-15-2016. He had posted that he was moving.....
Working...
X