Milling machine near me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milling machine near me

Just passing along. No knowledge of machine but appears they would let go cheap.

http://lexington.craigslist.org/tls/5778409732.html

That could be really nice setup. Cincinnati universal table mill with vertical head. The horizontal overarm support is in the box next to the machine with some NMTB tooling.
    Mike
    Central Ohio, USA

Comment

500 for scrap and they have to move it to the scrap yard. I bet they sell it for 300 if you do all the work.
      Wish I was closer.

Comment

Careful posting links to auctions/classifieds. With more people opt to see the link somebody might snatch the item from you without regard to you. Take a screenshot of the classified ad, paste in windows paint, crop out photo only, save as, then upload here as just the picture.

Comment

That's a nice mill, sure hope someone grabs it up quick.
          olcop

Comment

Not a bad looking machine, I have a cincinatti about the same age, if the green and silver knobs are an indication of age, bombproof, it'll never wear out.
            Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Andre3127 View Post
              Careful posting links to auctions/classifieds. With more people opt to see the link somebody might snatch the item from you without regard to you. Take a screenshot of the classified ad, paste in windows paint, crop out photo only, save as, then upload here as just the picture.
              Ohhh im not interested in it. I already have a mill although much smaller and no real way to load or transport that beast. I wonder what it weighs ???

Comment

Originally posted by Axkiker View Post
                Ohhh im not interested in it. I already have a mill although much smaller and no real way to load or transport that beast. I wonder what it weighs ???
                A lot [emoji4]

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ohhh im not interested in it.
                  yeah so the concern isn't valid, piss on anyone else trying to get it
                  in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
                    yeah so the concern isn't valid, piss on anyone else trying to get it
                    ummmmm not peeing on anyone here. I saw this as a potential good deal and was passing along to others who may not be aware of such.

Comment

Thanks for posting this!! I am in Kentucky right now!!! But, I don't think the hotel van will be able to carry it to the airport, TSA may have a problem with it, and pretty sure the CRJ 900 will have issues with it. It just wont fit in the crew closet

Comment

ummmmm not peeing on anyone here.

you don't know that. Would you post if you were going after it? do unto others and all that....what if someone else here was going after it? You wouldn't afford them the same courtesy? Best to wait until they're a few weeks old unless its some desperate antique thing facing the scrapper that is going to be near impossible to find a home for....those in the market, making the effort, would find it on their own. I know your intentions were good, but these sorts of post can do damage, some sites don't allow them.
                        Last edited by Mcgyver; 09-17-2016, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
                          you don't know that. Would you post if you were going after it? do unto others and all that....what if someone else here was going after it? You wouldn't afford them the same courtesy? Best to wait until they're a few weeks old unless its some desperate antique thing facing the scrapper that is going to be near impossible to find a home for....those in the market, making the effort, would find it on their own. I know your intentions were good, but these sorts of post can do damage, some sites don't allow them.
                          Could always be looked at the opposite way. Maybe no one here was aware or looking in that area. Maybe it sparked an interest for someone who wasnt even looking. I know much of my stuff has been found when I wasnt even looking for it.

Anyways just trying to help a brotha out. If the masses dont want threads posted like that I will not.

Comment

Could always be looked at the opposite way. Maybe no one here was aware or looking in that area.
                            not everyone agrees with me (what a shame eh?) so I do not speak for the masses. Your point is valid but I think leaving well enough alone is the right choice. Reason is, its a blind fork - on one side there is maybe someone who will benefit, on the other maybe someone who will be hurt. The one who might benefit has done nothing to deserve the benefit except exist....where as the one might be hurt has made perhaps considerable effort (looking for years for that piece, already driven there, diligently checking the classifieds, already in negotiation, and so on) to make himself aware of the opportunity and get to the table. Given the choice, imo its more wrong to hurt the one who's made the effort than it is right to help the one just standing there.

There is also the aspect that for everyone of our pals here, there's another 100 anonymous eyeballs reading the post, so if you're not a stakeholder in the sale it seems wrong to me to stick ones nose it in as it absolutely affects the market. Its happened to me where something being posted generated 1/2 a dozen inquiries. None stepped up, but just the activity made the buyer think he had something very special. How's that a good thing? Best imo in matters of commerce to keep your nose out of it you don't have a pony in the race.
                            Last edited by Mcgyver; 09-17-2016, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Could always be looked at the opposite way. Maybe no one here was aware or looking in that area. Maybe it sparked an interest for someone who wasnt even looking. I know much of my stuff has been found when I wasnt even looking for it.

Anyways just trying to help a brotha out. If the masses dont want threads posted like that I will not.
                              I post em. For a long time I didn't because of negative responses, only to learn later that they'd been scrapped due to lack of interest. I feel that if someone is interested in something, they should have already opened communication with the seller.

Comment

Working...
                              X