No announcement yet.

Line-Shaft Clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a fun project, even if the first attempt gave less than stellar results. I really like the second, final version. I was so burned out on machining from my July thrash on the vertical engine that I haven't wanted to do any machining until last week when this came up. The total duration of this project was 6 days, including the first version which I wasn't really happy with. It is getting more and more difficult to find projects that interest me. I think I'm up to 23 or 24 finished engines now, 12 of which are i.c. and 11 or 12 that are steam/air powered. I'm tired of building engines. I want to build another interesting machine to drive with my engines. Currently I have the slinky machine, the bubble blowing machine, the ball elevator that appears in the video, a sawmill, a buzz saw, a wood splitter, a piston pump, a gear pump, an oil well "grass-hopper" pump, a pile driver, and a semi-complete marble automation. I think that perhaps I will design and build a "walking beam conveyor" for my next project. They are fascinating to watch, and just different enough to be interesting.
    Brian Rupnow
    Design engineer
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

What about building a tractor you could mount one of your engines on? That would involve some cool engineering on your part. Of course I can just imagine you chasing down the tractor on the first test run.
      You already have the clutch mechaninism done so really all you would need to sort out would be the differential/rear axle combination. It wouldn't have to be four wheel drive.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
        What about building a tractor you could mount one of your engines on? That would involve some cool engineering on your part. Of course I can just imagine you chasing down the tractor on the first test run.
        He could add a couple of small servos for steering and throttle and make it a remote controlled tractor.

Comment

What about a snow blower? Getting to be that time of year.
          George
          Traverse City, MI

Comment

I have thought about buying a two station servo controller from the local model airplane shop and rigging one servo for throttle and one for steering, but my interest doesn't really lay in that direction.
            Brian Rupnow
            Design engineer
            Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

COOL, nice piece of work!

Comment

Working...
              X