Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here a member of The Hobby Machinist?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mklotz View Post
    I described him as crazy and dictatorial over on Model Engine Maker and got this email...

Mr. Klotz:

If your cyberbullying and libel of me does not desist, I will be contacting the local
    district attorney and the police about bringing charges against you.
    The guy is a nutt-case, I got kicked just for not logging on enough.

Oh, and that would be a civil case. No District Attorney gets involved with those. JR

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson View Post
      Can't remember what i did wrong but got the exact same reply as Marv. Now what chance does an idiot like Nelson have to bring charges against me in the UK ?
      The guys a total fruit cake.

But seeing as he can threaten I drafted an email about his antics and what he got up to and emailed it to as many people as I could find in the New York Lawyers association as don't know if anyone knows but Nelson is one of those.................

Never expected any replies but did get a few acknowledgements and a very nice one from someone in the over sights office says something like "Well we could not possibly say but we take note of your complaint. "

Thought if he wants to stir crap, I can also stir crap.

Next time I'm over in NY I need to do some homework and find out what car Nelwon drives, then hire the same , swap the plates and belt thru as many red lights and speed camera's as I can find. Lets face it he's in the right profession to sort it out and while he sorting that he's leaving the internet alone.
      Sir John, I can,t help but admire, how you think and operate sometimes.
      As I write this I am still laughing and thinking how brilliant it would be to actually pull off a caper like you described!!!
      Dave

Comment

Can't remember what i did wrong but got the exact same reply as Marv. Now what chance does an idiot like Nelson have to bring charges against me in the UK ?
        The guys a total fruit cake.

But seeing as he can threaten I drafted an email about his antics and what he got up to and emailed it to as many people as I could find in the New York Lawyers association as don't know if anyone knows but Nelson is one of those.................

Never expected any replies but did get a few acknowledgements and a very nice one from someone in the over sights office says something like "Well we could not possibly say but we take note of your complaint. "

Thought if he wants to stir crap, I can also stir crap.

Next time I'm over in NY I need to do some homework and find out what car Nelwon drives, then hire the same , swap the plates and belt thru as many red lights and speed camera's as I can find. Lets face it he's in the right profession to sort it out and while he sorting that he's leaving the internet alone.
        I heard about something recently that's supposed to be a true story. I'm not suggesting anything, you understand, but I can't be responsible for what you might make of this.

The story was that some guy had managed to have his ex-wife's car rack up with thousands of dollars of overtime parking charges at the O'Hare airport. Now you might say, how would he manage to steal his wife's car and park it there for an extended period without her knowledge? Apparently he bought a derelict car for very little, registered it in his ex-wife's name and then parked and abandoned it.

There's a diabolically clever mind.
        "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

I should have taken my chances over there...
          Attention span might be longer.
          Len

Comment

Not sure what the issue is, QS, your question has basically already been answered.

Simply put, the VFD does all the work, and the factory controls are simply wired to provide low-voltage signals that simply tell the VFD what to do.

Really, there's no reason to have a relay or magnetic contactor or anything like that in there. At best, you might want a power shutoff between the wall and the VFD, but you're specifically NOT supposed to have any breakers, contactors or relays between the VFd and the motor, lest you blow out one or more of its capacitors.

If you have a secondary motor, like a coolant pump or the like, you would likely have that on a second circuit, independent of the VFD. Again, you're not supposed to, and certainly wouldn't want to, try and "tap power" off the VFD-to-motor connection for a coolant pump.

Ignore what the other guys did. Clearly the operator of that other board is unstable, and his site is useless as a resource.

Installing a typical VFD is actually quite easy- the trickiest part, at least for me, is that the manuals are generally written for electrical engineers. If that's your thing, you're golden. For me, it takes a bit to puzzle out- but even still, I now have VFDs wired in to six machine, and I'm in the middle of working on a seventh.

Doc.
            Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Hey you all lets talk about something worth while. Nelson gets his rocks of with threads like this, i am sure he knows he is being talked about

Comment

and you don't fear extradition? Just like RBS.....complete with the orange suited perp walk at La Guardia.

afaik bar associations (which is who says you are a lawyer and allowed to practice and who calls them to task) would take a dim view of threats like that. I believe it directly contravenes the principles of membership .....something along the lines of its misconduct to use membership to in a frivolous way for their own person interests.
                Last edited by Mcgyver; 10-06-2016, 09:32 AM.
                in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

"...misconduct to use membership to in a frivolous way for their own person interests. "

The interpretation of misconduct depends on the bar, which my cynical mind says is set low, enough clearance for a snake.
                  Heard a lawyer claim on national media (paraphrased)

America is made for lawyers. We make the laws, interpret and adjudicate them with our peers.
                  (comment made to a sting operator)

Comment

If you want to see what the evil chrome-dome looks like...

http://www.jdsupra.com/profile/NelsonTimken/
                    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
                    http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Comment

I've been chambering rifle barrels for over 20 years. I made a comment about what someone else posted, and merely stated how I do it a bit differently. I got a nastygram email saying I was not being respectful. I rarely go there now.

Comment

Working...
                      X