KBC
    Western
    Victor
    Also Star Tool-
    http://www.startoolsupply.com/index....n_id=175166151
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by Highpower View Post
      It's a cheap import. I bought a couple of them a few months ago. But then again so are a lot of other items I've gotten from McMaster in the last year or so. Disappointing to say the least when you have no way of knowing before hand.
      McMaster does have a liberal return policy, but it doesn't work to your advantage if the shipping cost is close to or more than the item is.
      They're also very good at email questions or phone inquiries.

Comment

Originally posted by jcfx View Post
        McMaster does have a liberal return policy, but it doesn't work to your advantage if the shipping cost is close to or more than the item is.
        Yes. I have always gotten outstanding service from McMaster. And shipping cost for me is actually cheap compared to everyone else (except Amazon Prime) since I am fairly close to a warehouse. 1-2 days to my doorstep. But having to call and ask about the brand / origin of every item I want to buy is just stupid. If you don't want to put that info in the catalog description fine -- I'll just buy it from someone that does. I do all my ordering online (usually in the wee hours) so calling them is out. All I want to do is pick out what I want and put it in my basket. Simple. Done.

It used to be you always got a quality item when you ordered from McMaster. That is no longer the case. Like I said, it's just disappointing that's all.
        MSC's "Up to" percent off sales are a joke. No matter what I ever put in my basket, the percent off at checkout time was always ZERO. Nope, I quit buying from them several years ago because of that nonsense.

Comment

All I want to do is pick out what I want and put it in my basket. Simple. Done.
          Me too. A website that doesn't give a price is a website that I'll quickly move on from to the next one that does. And if a company is going to show prices but only sells through their distributors, please make that very clear so I don't waste my time calling (when they can't be bothered to answer my email inquiry about placing an order) and trying to order something only to be told they won't sell directly to me.

While there's always going to be something out of stock it wouldn't be a bad idea to also add "there's a good chance that a large number of the items we list are not actually on hand, so it may be a month before we can fill your order" if that is the case.

I had a recent experience where I contacted an end mill manufacturer only to be told "go to a distributor" but the 2-3 names I was given had useless "give us a call" one page websites. When I finally stumbled over another distributor's site that was actually set up for Web commerce it was 4 weeks before I finally got the product because 1) they weren't a "stocking" distributor and 2) the manufacturers didn't have anything in stock either so I had to wait for the next production cycle.

If I'm not in a hurry I can deal with some delay as long as it isn't sprung on me when I'm calling after a week wondering why I haven't received my already-paid order. Then making me have to check back every week for a status update ("still not ready to ship yet") instead of dropping me a quick email to let me know there is additional delay is also annoying.

If the company's normal order is $30K and they really don't want to be bothered with a $150 order, that would be handy information to have so I can avoid wasting their time and mine by trying to give them my business.

It doesn't matter how high the quality is and how low the price is if I can't actually buy the product.

cheers,
          Michael

Comment

Yes. I have always gotten outstanding service from McMaster. And shipping cost for me is actually cheap compared to everyone else (except Amazon Prime) since I am fairly close to a warehouse. 1-2 days to my doorstep. But having to call and ask about the brand / origin of every item I want to buy is just stupid. If you don't want to put that info in the catalog description fine -- I'll just buy it from someone that does. I do all my ordering online (usually in the wee hours) so calling them is out. All I want to do is pick out what I want and put it in my basket. Simple. Done.

It used to be you always got a quality item when you ordered from McMaster. That is no longer the case. Like I said, it's just disappointing that's all.
            MSC's "Up to" percent off sales are a joke. No matter what I ever put in my basket, the percent off at checkout time was always ZERO. Nope, I quit buying from them several years ago because of that nonsense.
            McMaster is one day for me ( NJ to NY ), same day supposedly if I order before 11AM,
            so my shipping is very reasonable and there's no *cou-salestax-gh*, I agree that being able to click and buy is a
            great convenience but if I have a question about the the item I email or call, then there's no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by jcfx View Post
              Yes, you can ask them about the origin of the items that they sell - whether USA or Asian, etc. They are my favorite company, really due to the amazing number of items that they sell and their fast shipping.

I just got an MSC catalog and was amazed at the high prices but others may not agree.

Comment

Working...
              X