CDCO Schipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDCO Schipping

I ordered a tool post holder for 1 of my lathes from CDCO today and complained about there shipping cost, i explained to them if they would ship with USPS the cost would be 1/2 or less of what they wanted. I got a e-mail from them and the shipping was adjusted to $ 14.00 instead of $26.00.There was a post about that some time ago.

In my view, shipping costs factor right in with product cost. I wanted some Warner HHS inserts, called them to order, and asked about shipping. For 6 inserts you could put in your each pocket, the price was a no go. I told the lady to cancel the order, and she said to check little machine shop, and it ended up cheaper there.

Comment

Well, awhile ago, I had an order from them. One item, a 1/4" square collet was an issue, junk. I emailed them and got a quick response. They said, we have inspected our inventory, and found some as you described. Also some that are fine. we have credited your bankcard with a full refund, and we don't want the defect back. If you would like to re-order, we would be pleased to have your business. This isn't a direct quote, but from my less than perfect memory.

There's no way I'll be ordering another collet, paying freight the 2nd time, for a product that the importer lets the customer do the quality control.
      Call me a crank, and an old school bastich, it's okay. I actually am pretty proud of my curmudgeonlieness.

End of rant. Everyone have a good day in the shop, make some chips, and don't track any into the house!

TC
      I cut it off twice; it's still too short
      Oregon, USA

Comment

I've used CDCO, LMS and ArcEuro (UK) all successfully on several occasions - usually delivering by USPS - which is very good.

I think - from memory - that all tell you the postage and handling costs etc. before you/I commit to the order - or opt out.

I and many others here live in Australia, New Zealand, Germany, UK, Europe, Canada etc. - all are dearer that just within the USA - so we are pretty well used to it and we all having the option/s of "pay up or go without".

Comment

I needed a stepper motor driver and requested a shipping quote before ordering. I received an email from a lady which quoted 42.95 to Canada. Shortly after I received another quote from a man this time 49.95 to Canada. I didn't need it that bad!

Comment

Originally posted by studentjim View Post
            I needed a stepper motor driver and requested a shipping quote before ordering. I received an email from a lady which quoted 42.95 to Canada. Shortly after I received another quote from a man this time 49.95 to Canada. I didn't need it that bad!
            I just shipped a part to Ontario, Canada it weighed 3.5 pounds us the cost with USPS was $ 24.95. I am sure it would be more to Australia

Comment

I don't order from them anymore after they screwed me on a shipping refund.

Comment

I am close to CDCO and usually receive things by USPS from them at very reasonable prices.
                I while back I received a bad collet in a set of 8.
                After a call they sent me a new set, no charge and told me to keep the others.
                I will buy from them again because of their exemplary service even if their QC is not so good.
                Bill
                I cut it off twice and it's still too short!

Comment

Originally posted by ncjeeper View Post
                  I don't order from them anymore after they screwed me on a shipping refund.
                  Yep that sure as ?? showed 'em!!!

That - as written - could be seen as a classic case of "shooting your self in the foot".

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=s...Ha76B9MQsAQIJw

Comment

CDCO is OK on some things. Their shipping is high on small items. I bought a SINO DRO from Frank about three years ago and after 6 months, the cable on the compound scale burned up from an internal short in the approximate center of its cable. He refused to honor the then-advertised one year warranty and told me that I must have been using coolant. I don't use coolant on my lathe. We finally settled for a new scale at cost with free shipping from him.

I just looked at his website and I couldn't find a reference to a warranty on his DROs any more. I've bought from him since but only small tooling items. I wouldn't buy another DRO from him, although the SINO works well enough after getting a new scale.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtiffie View Post

That - as written - could be seen as a classic case of "shooting your self in the foot".

The alternative is to reward them with more business, and have it happen again. And again.

There are other vendors, and bad vendors need to be punished.

Does it do any good? Maybe. Perhaps there are too many such as yourself (I assume) who lap up abuses and ask for more, so improving customer service is not needed.

I quit ordering from Enco, when I found that I often had to ship back defective goods, and had to do it on my dime. Worse yet, I had to pay shipping BOTH ways to do their QC for them, and MY cost to ship back was generally about double their cost to ship to me (big shipper discount).

That cost destroyed most of the cost advantages of buying from them, so it was an easy decision.
                      CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Just how is that "shooting yourself in the foot"? There are other suppliers where I can take my business.

My feeling is that when you buy something, you have entered into a contract with the seller. Your side is making the payment. I always do that. His side is to DELIVER the item to you IN THE CONDITION AS DESCRIBED. If the item is defective, he has not lived up to his side of the contract and HE has to make that good. If he wants the defective item back HE should pay the shipping unless it was stated otherwise UP FRONT. And HE is responsible to deliver the replacement to your at his cost, not yours. You should only pay shipping ONCE, not twice or three times.

I have had good luck with most main-line suppliers when I insist on this policy. They are fairly cognoscente of their responsibility. But not so much with E-Bay sellers.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=s...Ha76B9MQsAQIJw
                        Paul A.
                        SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                        You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

RE: Your Enco adventures. First, pay with a credit card. Then, when they want you to pay to ship it back, complain to the cc company and demand a refund from them. You will probably get it. Then you have the defective item and they have no money. Just the threat of doing this will probably convince the supplier to pay the return shipping. Or to let you just keep the defective item while they send a replacement.

As for the cost of shipping, they (Enco) can send you a prepaid shipping label for the return shipment. You just put it back in the box and attach the label. That's how it is done in the professional world. I have done it that way many times. Or they just refund your shipping cost.

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                          The alternative is to reward them with more business, and have it happen again. And again.

There are other vendors, and bad vendors need to be punished.

Does it do any good? Maybe. Perhaps there are too many such as yourself (I assume) who lap up abuses and ask for more, so improving customer service is not needed.

I quit ordering from Enco, when I found that I often had to ship back defective goods, and had to do it on my dime. Worse yet, I had to pay shipping BOTH ways to do their QC for them, and MY cost to ship back was generally about double their cost to ship to me (big shipper discount).

That cost destroyed most of the cost advantages of buying from them, so it was an easy decision.
                          Paul A.
                          SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                          You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Some here seem to think that they are always "boss" and have suppliers "under their thumb" or "under control".

Perhaps - but not always.

Perhaps the supplier might regard you as being "up yourself" and very much an egotistical pain in the ar$e, and very glad to see the back of you.

The supplier - perhaps with good reason - might regared such actions as those of a "wanker" (at least here in OZ anyway) - as the supplier/Trader/Dealer might just want to get back to people with better attitudes and where a sale or service - and a $ - is a more likely outcome.
                            Last edited by oldtiffie; 10-07-2016, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Paul, I did that, and the response was simply that "policy" was not to do it, and that was that. The amounts were not large enough to make stink about, and the "quality" of goods is always open to debate, so I did not bother. I simply never ordered again. I HAVE heard that others did get labels for return, so maybe I got the bitch in customer service. No idea, don't care.

No loss to me, I found others who DID send call tags or labels, and I do business with them.

I note that Enco is being shut down by it's parent company. Perhaps I was one of many......

Some here seem to think that they are always "boss" and have suppliers "under their thumb" or "under control".

Perhaps - but not always.

Perhaps the supplier might regard you as an egotistical pain in the ar$e and glad to see the back of you.
                              His privilege, his problem.

If enough "wankers" shun him, he will find less business, and will need to come up with a solution to his problem. If he does well with the business model pf "screw the customer", I suppose he is OK. But I prefer a business transaction to be clean and easy, with no screwing, so I won't be back for more lube any time soon. A supplier who makes it a problem will get less business from me. Perhaps NONE, if he makes it a habit, as Enco did.

The customer usually has other options, it's the BUSINESS that needs customers. If hey can afford to drive away customers who they perceive as "too small to matter", good for them. I'll recall the treatment I got with a small order when it comes to making a larger order.
                              CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Working...
                              X