No announcement yet.

CDCO Schipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a point at which the Trader just "breaks even" on a sale of anything and he makes nothing on it - smaller items may be at a loss but has to be "balanced out" by enough "larger-margin" sales over a time.

Sure, that "customer" may "win" - but at what cost?.

The Traders' , with or without "fair trading and good will" etc. is ultimately to make a profit.

He alone knows whether any "return" (on equity etc.) - i.e. "profit" is "worth it" plus the "angst" brought about by "difficult" buyers - especially if any are "up 'em selves" as customers who just want to show the Trader "who is "boss" and all too often to "put on a show" for others in the shop and the public at large - and worst of all to brag his version of events here or similar forums where the Trader cannot give his version of events - even if he really wants or needs to.

Sometimes fora (forums) and other high contact for venues etc. really do become "cowards castles".

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=c...UIBygA&dpr=1.5
    Last edited by oldtiffie; 10-07-2016, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Tiffie, you have gone over the line now.

What you wrote is stupid and insulting, with no need for it. Would you not be more comfortable somewhere else?
      CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Originally posted by oldtiffie View Post
        There is a point at which the Trader just "breaks even" on a sale of anything and he makes nothing on it - smaller items may be at a loss but has to be "balanced out" by enough "larger-margin" sales over a time.

Sure, that "customer" may "win" - but at what cost?.

The Traders' , with or without "fair trading and good will" etc. is ultimately to make a profit.

He alone knows whether any "return" (on equity etc.) - i.e. "profit" is "worth it" plus the "angst" brought about by "difficult" buyers - especially if any are "up 'em selves" as customers who just want to show the Trader "who is "boss" and all too often to "put on a show" for others in the shop and the public at large - and worst of all to brag his version of events here or similar forums where the Trader cannot give his version of events - even if he really wants or needs to.

Sometimes fora (forums) and other high contact for venues etc. really do become "cowards castles".

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=c...UIBygA&dpr=1.5
        That's a very shortsighted view, ignoring the huge impact reputation has on a business. Unfortunately there are business owners who take the same view as you; they generally don't last long.

Also, do you really think everyone else is so ignorant that you need to provide links defining all your little expressions?

Comment

I ordered from Frank alot, knock on wood, so far I've never had an issue. I have bought a chuck for a rotary table, some small things and over 200 of the AXA QCTP blocks, always what I ordered, shipment correct and usually in 2-3 days from time of order.
          jack

Comment

I think that in fairness - and natural justice - that the Trader should have a chance to state the situation in such a public forum as this is.

There are many who as members can either log on and comment if they choose to as well as many - in many countries - who are not members ie they are "Visitors" - who can - and do - just read whatever they choose here.

So far as I can see, there is quite an opportunity for some pretty rough "justice" - and perhaps some "grand-standing" and perhaps "Star Chamber" too here and the "accused" (Trader) has no right of reply.

A bit more fairness and sensitivity would be appreciated.

Comment

There is NO fairness and sensitivity involved whatsoever.

Tell the truth, thus and so happened, with this and that result. Nothing more needs to be said, there is no particular "rebuttal privilege" needed when the truth is told.

However, some vendors ARE members here. And, they comment from time to time... As the premiere HSM site, any vendor who does not monitor this site, at least doing a search for their name every so often, is ,frankly, being stupid, and deserves whatever happens.

I , at a prior employer, instituted monitoring of the prime forum for our products, and we turned around opinions pretty fast, by the simple means of giving out wanted information and finding folks repair service when they needed it. There had been quite a bit of confusion and bad-mouthing going on, misinformation being spouted, etc. That got corrected.

Frankly, it's all about customer service. No customer is FORCED to buy from a vendor in a free market. Perhaps in Oz it is different, you are marched to the facility and ordered to spend a certain amount? I doubt that, but will bow to your on-the-spot experience.

In a normal situation it is up to the VENDOR to EARN the business of the potential customers, and KEEP it by providing good service at a fair price. If a vendor ALLOWS a customer to believe he was taken advantage of, that's his problem, a failure of customer service. A customer may not get what he wants, but ideally should not believe he was rooked.

It is the CUSTOMER'S privilege to buy from the lowest cost vendor. If he "gets what he pays for", and is satisfied, well and good. If not, he will cease buying tooling at the "5 and dime", and purchase from a more legitimate vendor, but will expect a higher class of goods for the price. The market rewards efficiency, although not all consumers are smart. Many get caught by "false equivalence", believing that they get "the same exact thing" but at a cheaper price, from a box store or Walmart, as they would from a higher class of vendor, just because the description on the box is similar.

Is EVERY customer "right" and truthful? NO, some you want to see only their back going away, they cost more than they are worth. There will ALWAYS be vocal "bad" customers. But, most intelligent people do not have a starry-eyed, child-like trust in everything they hear. If many are satisfied, and few are not, that will not drive away business.

It would appear you want to suppress all comments unless they are neutral or positive. As you are (IIRC) a self-described union shop steward, that seems a remarkable, puzzling attitude, but people do change.
              Last edited by J Tiers; 10-08-2016, 10:30 AM.
              CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Working...
              X