OT Need 1500-2000 ft. lbs. torque Hyd Motor 5-15 rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Need 1500-2000 ft. lbs. torque Hyd Motor 5-15 rpm

I am looking at building a Rotor reverser for Combine Harvester when Rotors are plugged.It would have to have forward and reverse capabilities,one motor I had in mind was Radial Piston Hyd Motor any advice would be appreciated.

Take a look at Char-Lynn motors: http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsS...GerolerMotors/

You can often find them at good prices on Ebay. You might have to add a reduction gearset to get that kind of torque.

Comment

Any machinery wrecking yards nearby?If so I would look for a hydraulic torque hub off an old piece of machinery.

http://www.auburngear.com/powerwheel/wheel-drive.aspx
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by Forestgnome View Post
        Take a look at Char-Lynn motors: http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsS...GerolerMotors/

You can often find them at good prices on Ebay. You might have to add a reduction gearset to get that kind of torque.

I have several Char-lynn motors,was wanting a compact reduction package.
        Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
        Any machinery wrecking yards nearby?If so I would look for a hydraulic torque hub off an old piece of machinery.
        I will check out my local wrecker,they are very common on swathers.
        http://www.auburngear.com/powerwheel/wheel-drive.aspx

Comment

How about a swing motor from a track hoe.
          Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
          Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Will it replace the drive that is there now? How compact does it need to be? Is there a weight limit?

My first thought would be the drive from an excavators track but not knowing the actual criteria that is just a thought nothing more.
            Last edited by Black Forest; 10-11-2016, 02:40 AM.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

I have a frive motor, tire & wheel off a Moffet style tag along forklift I don't know the specs & haven't tested it. You're welcome to it as it was in my "That will be handy for a future project" pile which I'll never get too. Wish you were closer.

Comment

[QUOTE=Black Forest;1073592]Will it replace the drive that is there now? How compact does it need to be? Is there a weight

No it will not replace the existing drive,it will couple on to a 3-1/2" male hex that is casted on the Rotor pulley for freeing up plugged rotor.The 2 Rotors are 22" dia and about 7' feet long and turn at 1360 rpm in wheat and 680 rpm in canola with 400HP driving them so when it kills the engine dead from a large wad it can be a real chore with the 4' slug wrench to free up the Rotors.

I would like dimension max dia 16" and 12" deep and under 300 lbs as it will have to swing out of the way which be 99.999 % of the time,but be handy to use when have plug up so I do not have to pull on slug wrench.I not as strong as I used be!!!

Comment

We are talking some dollars here but this might meet your specs

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraul...OR-9-10786.axd
                  Guaranteed not to rust, bust, collect dust, bend, chip, crack or peel

Comment

I have something that might work, PM sent.

Comment

What's a slug wrench?, if it is like the second thing I imagined then a torque multiplier would make things easier perhaps, although a mini digger track motor would have plenty of grunt!, enough to make nice twisted bar for fancy gates.
                      With that in mind a coupling and shear pin may be useful.
                      Mark

Comment

Originally posted by boslab View Post
                        What's a slug wrench?
                        You might know it as a "striking wrench". They're basically heavy duty wrenches that are designed to be bashed with a hammer. See here: http://www.armstrongtools.com/wrench...gging-striking

Comment

Oh, it's just terminology, we called them slogging spanners, I got fed up with hitting them years ago!, never liked working over my head with a 3" spanner, especially when you have to tighten the bolt down a couple of inches, one thud at a time.
                          Mark
                          Ps thanks

Comment

I think the latest New Hollands have a built in rotor reverser, could have seen it in somebody elses spec sheet though, maybe JD? I wonder what they use? Also there was a hydraulic feeder reverser available for Case, maybe from Harvest Services. Might be a place to get ideas anyway. We just got into the new millennium with a 2388, so not really up on newer stuff.

Comment

How many revolutions does it take to work the rotor free after a clog?If it's not many,what about adding a small hydraulic cylinder to the wrench handle and let the hydraulic system do the work?
                              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                              X