Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi Bothers wait till you see my new Car/restoration project what a beauty. Alistair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
    You mean like this local car of a few years ago?

Given that angle of "attack" id have to say I think that's the first one iv ever seen designed to actually create lift and not downforce ---- hey - is that yellow poplar?

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
      Given that angle of "attack" id have to say I think that's the first one iv ever seen designed to actually create lift and not downforce ---- hey - is that yellow poplar?
      It's an aeronautical alternative to installing airbags or overload springs and is most likely just white spruce.

Comment

Given that angle of "attack" id have to say I think that's the first one iv ever seen designed to actually create lift and not downforce ---- ...
        Given that it is shadowed behind the passenger compartment, it might actually produce downforce (accidentally) due to air flowing downward off the roof.

I suspect that it's main contribution is drag. And, of course, holes in the trunk lid if someone leans on it and the drywall screws pull through the sheet metal.
        CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Actually it's purpose is to lighten the car. Your 4,800 lb. boat now gets the mileage of a much more nimble 2,500 pounder.

That'll be $385 plus tax and installation please.
          We have trained technicians available to install your purchase promptly and professionally. No silly little screws either, 6" ardox nails set with an industrial air nailer, that puppy is on there for a while.
          Offer void where prohibited by good taste.
          Last edited by Willy; 10-19-2016, 01:41 PM.
          Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
          Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

If you look closely, it's a fully functional design intended to counteract heavy tongue load on the trailer hitch

Comment

I know nothing about that make and model, but one thing I have learned while watching American Pickers is that some of these old, rust buckets, even ones in worse condition than the one pictured, can be quite valuable. It depends on how rare it is. Anything can be repaired/restored with enough time, parts, and skill.

It sold, so apparently someone has some use for it. Perhaps just parts or perhaps a full restoration. Or he/she could just be a collector and will only move it to a new place to rust away. Only the buyer knows.
              Last edited by Paul Alciatore; 10-20-2016, 03:20 PM.
              Paul A.
              SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
              You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Working...
              X