Hookup and parameters for Hitachi wj200-015lf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kc5ezc View Post
    Thanks for some more ideas, Highpower. My lathe was originally a single phase machine so the contactors are also.
    I will add either a 3phase control or some other device to keep the lathe from starting after power failure.
    My lathe was originally singe phase as well. That is what I was getting at. You don't need to "add" anything if you just (re)use the machine's original contactor(s) to supply the power to your VFD.

Is your VFD a single phase or three phase input?

Comment

Most VFD's can be programmed to default to off when power failure occurs. On my Hitachi, I have to push a reset button on the front panel to restart it after a power failure. My lathe did not have contactors since the original drum switch was adequate for the 2-hp motor. I do have a DPST snap switch in a handy box mounted next to the VFD cabinet to control the 230V single phase power input to the VFD. If I am using the lathe during the day, I leave the power on but turn it off when shutting down the shop in the evening.

RWO

Comment

Originally posted by RWO View Post
        Most VFD's can be programmed to default to off when power failure occurs. On my Hitachi, I have to push a reset button on the front panel to restart it after a power failure.

RWO
        That is true. The VFD will trip and set an alarm code but it will still be connected to the mains. I just figured that since I had the contactors there anyway I might as well take advantage of them. Sometimes when the power goes out around here we get several iterations of power surges when the transformer or sub-station tries to re-set, and the power comes on and back off again. We've lost a few electrical items in the house because of that. I tend to leave everything turned off until we are pretty sure the power is going to stay on.

Comment

Originally posted by Highpower View Post
          My lathe was originally singe phase as well. That is what I was getting at. You don't need to "add" anything if you just (re)use the machine's original contactor(s) to supply the power to your VFD.

Is your VFD a single phase or three phase input?
          The inverter is a three phase input model. I looked at the relays in the old power box again.
          They have three contacts so looks like they will work fine.
          Thanks for the input
          John Burchett
          in Byng OK

Comment

Working...
          X