Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What size/model chasing head takes these dies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinoyance
    replied
    Originally posted by JCHannum View Post
    It was not a guess as the box is clearly labeled Oster.
    And it said 1/4 - 3/8 pipe and Quad to identify the die head.

Leave a comment:

• JCHannum
    replied
    It was not a guess as the box is clearly labeled Oster.

Leave a comment:

• Cannonmn
    replied
    Thanks for all the info, those who guessed they are for Oster machines were right, and the linked Oster page led me to call their office in MI. The rep said if I could pick up a used Oster model 655 threader, it comes with die head. The older model 502 comes without but could be had cheap, then you go to EBay to find the "Quad" head for it. I'll start looking for a compatible used Oster machine.

Leave a comment:

• Cannonmn
    replied
    Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
    The box references "pipe" at the lower right side of the near end........
    You are correct, several sets are for pipe threads, but most have labels like "1 inch NC Bolt" or "5/8 inch NC Bolt." The actual thread pitch is stamped on the end of each die.

Leave a comment:

• Cannonmn
    replied
    Thanks, might be although I wonder if the drive notches are the same, those on the Rigid pipe dies look different from the notches on mine. Still, if they fit a common type of pipe threaders that's good because I think used pipe threaders can be picked up a lot cheaper than specialized threading heads.

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    The box references "pipe" at the lower right side of the near end........

Leave a comment:

• doctor demo
    replied
    [QUOTE=JCHannum;1075044]Possibly, they are for Oster pipe threading die heads?

I live a sheltered life, I've not heard of or seen them, but you might just be on to something there Jim.
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• JCHannum
    replied
    Possibly, they are for Oster pipe threading die heads?

http://www.ostermfg.com/dieheads.php

Leave a comment:

• doctor demo
    replied
    At first glance, they look to be very similar to what is used in a "Rigid" brand of pipe threading machine.
    You can google that and see where it takes you.
    http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/74807686
    Steve
    Last edited by doctor demo; 10-19-2016, 04:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cannonmn
    started a topic What size/model chasing head takes these dies?

What size/model chasing head takes these dies?

Had dozens of sets of these Oster thread dies for years and would like to put them to work but I know very little about the chasing heads. Those I see in common use like the little Geometrics are too small for these 3 1/2 x 1 1/4" dies. Can you give me some of the right terms or size designations so I can start shopping for a used item?

Working...
X