X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoeLee
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Fisher View Post
    the "plug" is actually a screw from the bottom to prevent the opening from springing open. Bob.
    That's right and it always seems to be in the way but with out it the tooling would move.

This is a good example where my radius form tool hit's the screw. I know....... I made the form tool too long.

JL..................

Last edited by JoeLee; 10-24-2016, 10:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Fisher
    replied
    the "plug" is actually a screw from the bottom to prevent the opening from springing open. Bob.

Leave a comment:

• Noitoen
    replied
    Originally posted by SpoonerandForker View Post
    Why does the center hole have a plug instead of a set screw socket?
    Maybe someone screwed in the set screw the wrong way around by hand?

Leave a comment:

• SpoonerandForker
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Fisher View Post
    what is it and what is the purpose. Why do I keep it when I've never used it to date.
    Why does the center hole have a plug instead of a set screw socket?

Leave a comment:

• CalM
    replied
    I've got the equivalent tool holder for the KDK 100 fitted to the WADE 94. I've used a few times. It can come in handy when the tool you have ground that will do the job needs to be held at some odd angle, and I don't want to move the tool post as it's set for some other tools on other holders.

I've run three tools in the block also. each doing a separate operation . In series though, I didn't have a production need that all the tools needed to be cutting metal at the same time. ;-)
    Mostly, it's a great large surface to set the mag base indicators.......

Leave a comment:

• dalee100
    replied
    Hi,

Yes you can stagger the tooling stickout. Just need accurate stops to set the lengths.

Dalee

Leave a comment:

• Paul Alciatore
    replied
    I wonder if you could stagger two or three tools in it. Set them out to different distances from the holder. Left one for turning a short length, middle for a short facing operation, and the right one to chamfer the edge. Or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Fisher
    replied
    Originally posted by garyhlucas View Post
    I've had one and used it a lot to hold wide form tools we used for grooving urethane wheels with a large radius. If it is AXA size and you don't need it I'd like to buy it from you. I have an AXA tool post mounted to the side of our CNC mill to use as a lathe. This would solve a problem I have with keeping the post aligned but adjusting the tool angle as needed.
    It is NOT an AXA, it's a smaller series made for lathes such as the 9X 20. Perfect size for that lathe Bob.

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    Would be perfect for the front of the spindle housing on my CNC mill when running in 4th axis lathe mode.

Leave a comment:

• Wingding
    replied
    I would like to have one. Cut a profile in a slab of tool steel and Iit would be super replicator.

Leave a comment:

• garyhlucas
    replied
    I've had one and used it a lot to hold wide form tools we used for grooving urethane wheels with a large radius. If it is AXA size and you don't need it I'd like to buy it from you. I have an AXA tool post mounted to the side of our CNC mill to use as a lathe. This would solve a problem I have with keeping the post aligned but adjusting the tool angle as needed.

Leave a comment:

• metalmagpie
    replied
    That's a no. 6 toolholder. You can hold multiple toolbits at once if you like, or you can use it to hold form tooling. I'm sure there are other uses as well.

I used to own one of those, never used it either. But it's real, and worth some $$ if you sell it.

metalmagpie

Leave a comment:

• boslab
    replied
    Id guess at a form tool holder or maybe the cutter maker utilised a QC toolpost to hold blanks for grinding, thinking wood shaper cutters.
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• dave_r
    replied
    It is a set-screw holder

Leave a comment:

• JCHannum
    replied
    Also made by Aloris, they are for gang tool holding or holding a wide form tool, for instance.

Frank Ford found another use for one, clever and handy for those small parts;

http://www.frets.com/HomeShopTech/To...ifollower.html

Leave a comment:

Working...
X