Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garyhlucas
    replied
    Best thing I ever did with drills was get rid of all the different indexes and buy a Master Drill Cabinet, 1/32" to 1/2" in one drawer, A to Z in another, and 1 to 80 in the last, plus a larger drawer at bottom. This way all my bits of of any give size are together in one bin in the drawer. Some sizes I have different point angle or even different flute style, like parabolics. Just got a couple of handfuls of random drills from my father-in-laws estate. Plunked them in the appropriate bins, now they'll actually get used and I won't buy more of sizes I already have that I can't find!

Leave a comment:

• dave_r
    replied
    Originally posted by Arcane View Post
    Exactly! I think that would make a nice Christmas gift for a friend as it's likely something they don't already have.
    Right...it's "for a friend"

Leave a comment:

• metalmagpie
    replied
    That plastic drill stand is available cheaper, e.g. http://www.penntoolco.com/tap-and-drill-stand/

metalmagpie

Leave a comment:

• Arcane
    replied
    Originally posted by john hobdeclipe View Post
    I like the convenience of having the taps, drill, and clearance drills together..........
    Exactly! I think that would make a nice Christmas gift for a friend as it's likely something they don't already have.

Leave a comment:

• john hobdeclipe
    replied
    I like the convenience of having the taps, drill, and clearance drills together. McMaster-Carr does indeed still sell this index:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#2972a11/=14qhlsp

Leave a comment:

• Bob Fisher
    replied
    The drills are the standard tap drills for the tap sizes. Foe example, 5/16-18 tap uses a letter F drill. Bob.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Alciatore
    replied
    Looks like a nice concept. Who decided on the sizes that were "most used"? You or the manufacturer?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Fisher
    started a topic My go to drills

My go to drills

These are the drills and taps I use the most. No 2 thu 1/2 in , NC and NF. Clearance drills in the center NC tap drills on the left and NF tap drills on the right. The plastic organizer is or at least was, available at Mc Master Carr. They are all good quality and replaced as necessary.Bob.
    Last edited by Bob Fisher; 10-23-2016, 10:01 PM.
Working...
X