Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can this possibly be??? cheap Hardinge tooling

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARDINGE-LAT...-/192001052361

I'm not interested in Hardinge lathe tooling, but it does make me curious - another scam on FleaBay?

Dan
    “All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party.” (Problems of War and Strategy, Nov 6 1938, published in “Selected Works of Mao Zedong,” 1965)

The auction isn't over, so the price means little.

I have never in my life bid on an ebay item when there was more than 10 seconds remaining.

That said, I have a bunch of Hardinge tooling I need to unload.

Comment

Poor guy, unless he gets $1500 or so he's pretty much getting ripped off. If I were him I'd split up tooling into groups of similar items.

Comment

My experience as a seller is I get a much higher price if I auction something and set the initial price low. I usually get more than I would if I set a fixed price. Something about getting more views and getting people interested by the low price really gets the auction going.

Comment

I see this argument many times Forestgnome but what happens if you get stuck with a low bid at the end. I have often wanted to do this myself but am too CHICKEN LOL Alistair
          Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Yeah, I think this guy is going to get a low number that doesn't represent what that stuff is worth. I would have broken it up in lots to see if it generates a lot of interest, then decide what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair Hosie View Post
              I see this argument many times Forestgnome but what happens if you get stuck with a low bid at the end. I have often wanted to do this myself but am too CHICKEN LOL Alistair
              It definitely takes faith in the system. The more it's worked for me, the more faith I got. Like anything, risk vs. reward.

Comment

There is a high probability that he's got a shill account and will run the price up towards the end.

Comment

I bid once at 3 seconds & get 2 seconds change on very slow internet.
                  "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                  world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                  country, in easy stages."
                  ~ James Madison

Comment

I don't know, That tooling is pretty much useless unless you are still operating an HC or an old AHC lathe. I scrapped on the two HC's I had almost 2 years ago and still have quite a bit of tooling for them. A lot of spindle stuff that is only for a Hardinge threaded spindle. I have boxes of expanding collets that can be precisely centered in a threaded-mount holder. When I sell, I'll probably do much the same as that guy: put it up low and let it bring whatever. Anything is better than nothing and you won't have to look at it anymore.

Comment

I usually try to sell using no reserve and a low initial price, like Forestknome. I had an old (60's?) Chevy small block Mallory Rev-Pol dual point distributor with cable tach and extra OEM rotors, caps and points I tried to do that with 8 years ago and never got a single bid. A couple of weeks ago, I tried it again, same items, more photos, details and close-ups, and it went for over $500!

I would have been happy to get $20 out of it, since it was just laying around gathering dust.

One can never know who might be looking.

Dan
                      “All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party.” (Problems of War and Strategy, Nov 6 1938, published in “Selected Works of Mao Zedong,” 1965)

Comment

Hmm? If thats 5/8" I could use some of it on my Emco 120. But too much other useless stuff and its already overpriced. You can get 5/8" shank tools all day long for not a whole lot. JR
                        My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

The auction closed at $277 US, for anyone who was curious.

Comment

Working...
                          X