X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ncjeeper
    replied
    Originally posted by Toolguy View Post
    I have used the right angle head and arbor support on BPs a lot of times over the years. I feel they are stout enough to do a lot of jobs. I have also used the R/A head only, with a stub arbor many times with good results. To me, it's a good way to do the occasional horizontal mill operation.
    Thanks. Good to know.

Leave a comment:

• duckman
    replied
    If you get that, then you'll need to get arbors, slitting saws, milling cutters, etc.. the biggest problem that I've had with the RAA is it moving when your taking a cut but I came up with a simple solution, after mounting the RAA but before clamping I take a 4" Kant Twist clamp and clamp it over the depth stop thing and the nearest big/long head clamp nut and just snug it then indicate the RAA in and use the quill clamp I've never had it move after doing this. The reson for doing this is because the quill can rotate just a little and that's enough to screw up a job.
    Last edited by duckman; 10-25-2016, 06:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Toolguy
    replied
    I have used the right angle head and arbor support on BPs a lot of times over the years. I feel they are stout enough to do a lot of jobs. I have also used the R/A head only, with a stub arbor many times with good results. To me, it's a good way to do the occasional horizontal mill operation.

Leave a comment:

• ncjeeper
    started a topic Arbor support for right angle milling attachment

Arbor support for right angle milling attachment

So I have a right angle mill attachment for those occasional odd jobs. I don't have a horizontal mill but I see that a job every now and then I could use one. So my question is would it be worth investing in a support attachment so I can turn my vertical mill into a horizontal one? Do these things work well? are they rigged enough if light cutting is done?
    Something like this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/171730073178...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Working...
X