DRO bliss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRO bliss

I ordered a new dro for my Bp style mill. Bought a Chinese dro at a great price for a 3 axis unit.i bought Sino Eros for lathes and have had good service from those but the price for the mills dro was 300 more for a Sino .
    ,I figured what the hell...the price included shipping and the unit had 5 stars by a lot of purchasers plus a 2 year warranty.
    Let me tell you that mounting the z axis on the knee was a pain but it came out well. I am very happy with the dro. The only negative is the display is yellow and the led and the lit up numbers kind of clashed with the dim numbers and with the bright led lighting in the shop made it hard for me to quickly read the lit characters . I made a light shroud to block the lights and all is well.
    Now that that was done I had the Sony DRO that I took off the turret mill and installed it on my Cincinnati mill. These machines need readouts to make it easier to run. After a lot of thinking of how to install it I got it done! Double happy now lol! Here are a couple pics .

Last edited by j king; 11-05-2016, 03:40 PM.

And the no frills Sony I put on the Cincinnati.

Comment

It's definitely worth spending whatever time it takes up front to get the installation RIGHT, so you never have to think about it again.
      ----------
      Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
      Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
      Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
      There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
      Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
      Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

Nice job, love the cincinatti mill, mine needs a few new levers so I'm really happy you show them on the photo, gives me somthing to copy, I need to order some matching green plastic rod or saw it out of sheet.
        Nice shop
        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by SGW View Post
          It's definitely worth spending whatever time it takes up front to get the installation RIGHT, so you never have to think about it again.
          Your are correct.Everything needs to be aligned and make sure cables don't get pinched or snagged in all total movements.

Comment

Boslab,Thanks. If you need closeup shots of knobs or whatever just ask.

Comment

That is the first time I have seen a DRO on an arbor press!
              Kansas City area

Comment

Fyi..here is link to the dro. On sale in 5 days for 258.. plus free shipping!
                https://www.aliexpress.com/item/free...524501216.html
                Last edited by j king; 11-06-2016, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toolguy View Post
                  That is the first time I have seen a DRO on an arbor press!
                  You don't get out much toolguy. It's for Precision broaching! Lol. It has wheels on it and sleeps back in the hole until needed.realestate is a premium here.

Comment

Originally posted by j king View Post
                    Boslab,Thanks. If you need closeup shots of knobs or whatever just ask.
                    You are very kind, thank you very much, the satin chrome finish is going to be hard to replicate, I'm sure there are platers who will oblige though.
                    Thanks
                    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by boslab View Post
                      You are very kind, thank you very much, the satin chrome finish is going to be hard to replicate, I'm sure there are platers who will oblige though.
                      Thanks
                      Mark
                      If you want it plated how about 302 stainless steel with a brushed finish I find it cheaper than getting it plated

Comment

Working...
                      X