Cincy 1C Toolmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cincy 1C Toolmaster

Recently acquired one of these, and the table feed for it is missing.
    Was asking if any of you have converted one of these to use a Bridgeport table drive, and what all is involved, and how it performed for you
    Any tips, advise or info will be appreciated.
    olcop

Geez guys, 200 views and no comments----whatsa matter, you don't love me anymore?
    olcop

Comment

The Toolmaster is a fine mill. Congrats on getting it! I suspect a table drive can be adapted, although I don't know that machine very well. If the crank handle turns freely, it should work as well as on a BP.

Comment

Sorry, mines a French built 1d toolmaster, the table has a 3 phase powered variable speed( mechanical) drive unit under the RH side, and to further complicate the long travel handwheel is on the front of the machine, somewhat unconventional, the little BP would not work as the leadscrew does not come out at the table ends, where I keep looking for a handle, there isn't any, table about 5' ish long 12 inch wide, it's heavy as well as it seems thicker than most mills. I have got the table powered to try it, seems to work ok but as yet the machine is motorless due to a fault, I have used the slotter on the ram bum end lots of times with the table locked btw!, works beautifully.
        Sorry I can't really help much.
        Mark

Comment

I have a 1a(???), pretty sure it is the same table setup as the 1c. It has a servo brand power feed unit on it. I don't think I would mess around with the Bridgeport power feed boat anchor if you didn't have to.

Comment

Oxford,
            Do you by chance, have a pic of your feed motor set up? If so, I sure would appreciate seeing it--this is my first Cincy, had never seen one before, so, I don't really know what I'm looking for----all I have at this point is an extension of the feed screw about 6" long, with 3 different diameters and a threaded portion.
            Thanks,
            olcop

Comment

These are the best pics I have right now. I do know I got the original paper work for the power feed with the mill and the installation manual from Servo was for this mill so at one time they did make a bolt on kit for them.

Comment

That is exactly what I needed, thank you very much. These pics will be very helpful in doing this project.
                olcop

Comment

Here's Servo's website, I'm sure you can get what you need. They go thru distributors & I don't know your location but they have a list by area. http://servoproductsco.com/html/power_feeds.html
                  "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                  world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                  country, in easy stages."
                  ~ James Madison

Comment

Working...
                  X