X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forrest Addy
    replied
    Originally posted by Stepside View Post
    1) remove and check for burrs and/or dirt on both the faceplate and the register on the lathe.

2) If okay in step one, then face. If step one shows problems, take care of them first.

3) If a non-threaded mount, mark so you always use the same pin holes in lathe and plate that you used to face the plate.
    Yup! Absoultely as above!

Leave a comment:

• Stepside
    replied
    1) remove and check for burrs and/or dirt on both the faceplate and the register on the lathe.

2) If okay in step one, then face. If step one shows problems, take care of them first.

3) If a non-threaded mount, mark so you always use the same pin holes in lathe and plate that you used to face the plate.

Leave a comment:

• Magicniner
    replied
    I face them, otherwise you need to compensate for any run-out in your set up for any part with a reference face against the plate,

- Nick

Leave a comment:

• Cannonmn
    started a topic Need to face new faceplate?

Need to face new faceplate?

A new-to-me 14" Leblond faceplate installed on the 19" Leblond lathe has 0.003 runout on the outer rim, which is fine with me. But the face itself has 0.017 runout in the axis parallel to the ways, way too much. Do I take facing cuts on the front of it as if I were cutting in a Chuck backplate, or do lathe operators just live with faceplate runout?
    Last edited by Cannonmn; 11-07-2016, 07:35 PM. Reason: Corr
Working...
X