Fun with mechanisms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun with mechanisms

Some interesting stuff here for all the mechanical heads on the forum.
    https://www.pinterest.com/omasras/mechanika-2/
    Brian Rupnow
    Design engineer
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Some interesting things among those Brian and I look forward to how you recreate one or more of them!

John

Comment

John--I do search web sites like that looking for inspiration. My own personal store of unique and interesting things has almost ran dry. After 6 or 7 years of constant building, I run out of ideas.---Brian
      Brian Rupnow
      Design engineer
      Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

10 minute video of some really fun mechanisms.

Comment

Thanks for that brian

And Dan, yeah, that is a fantastic video. I am not usually one for "reboots", but I would love to see a modern HD version by some brilliant artisans.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_the_Chemist View Post
            10 minute video of some really fun mechanisms.

That motion from about 2:59 to 3:08 is interesting. Never saw that before. Too bad some of them are not clear enough to see what the whole action is.
            ...lew...

Comment

Thanks for the great video Brian! Interesting stuff!

Comment

If you haven't been there, take a trip over to this site: http://www.mekanizmalar.com - it's loaded with good stuff!
                Cheers,

Frank Ford
                HomeShopTech

Comment

lets try without the bold: http://www.mekanizmalar.com

allan

Comment

The Pinterest site doesn't work for me. It's keeps popping up saying I need an account.

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
                      The Pinterest site doesn't work for me. It's keeps popping up saying I need an account.
                      Probably you need to register. All it needs is a name and an email address.
                      Brian Rupnow
                      Design engineer
                      Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

A lot of interesting mechanism here. Now to figure out how to build some. Eh Brian.
                        Larry - west coast of Canada

Comment

Here is another site of 19th century models of mechanical mechanisms from a museum at Cornell. I could waste way too much time looking at these.

Comment

Originally posted by Lew Hartswick View Post
                            That motion from about 2:59 to 3:08 is interesting. ...lew...
                            This mechanism is as old as the crank - sort of. James Watt sneakily patented the ancient mechanism of the crank making it difficult for rivals to develop competing engines. Without this twin gear system competitive industrial development would have been set back years.

Comment

There is a set of books covering "Ingenious Mechanisms" IIRC that is the title. A lot of those are in the book. A couple of those may not be.

I have one 2 volume edition, I may look through again. ALL of it mostly obsolete now, as programming has replaced most mechanical gizmos, partly because it is so easy to change the actions a little bit.
                              CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Working...
                              X