OT Broken Leg needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Broken Leg needs help

i am louis richards ,a machinist , and long time user of this site, i need a little help from every body reading this, i was tree trimming aug 13 and cut a limb too long and heavy it swung down and hit the ladder and knocked me off breaking my left leg in 2 places,leg is healing fine ,i have used up my savings and sold some things to pay my bills up to end of Nov, i have had to set up a account at GoFundMe under the name Broken Okie, in an effort to pay my bills,physical therapist says i wont be able to walk good enough to work till 1st of march, so i only need 3 months worth of donations ,2100$ if everybody (200-300)would donate 5-10$ that would get me through this winter and accident.if anyone can help link GFM to a lot of facebook friends that would be great too. any help will be greatly appreciated .. https://www.gofundme.com/broken-leg-...10012020&pos=1
    Last edited by madokie; 11-20-2016, 11:02 PM.
    FORD BEATING JAP CRAP SINCE 1941!! CAROLYN JONES(1930-1983 actress)may this lady never be forgotten.

What a revelation. Still he's not the first. I am sorry ! However I have been constantly stung by these requests in the past. I am sad to say I just had to stop giving to any charity. I just don't do it anymore. I have even been stung by family members in the past. Remember there is a very powerful recession worldwide and it has been with us for a long long time. When people are careful about food basics tools seem like a luxury to them and me so no go from me in any way or form. Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Sometimes life just plain sucks. My medical problems ended up costing me my marriage, my home and property and the shop I spent a life time collecting and building.
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I commiserate with you however,

Originally posted by Evan View Post
        Sometimes life just plain sucks. My medical problems ended up costing me my marriage, my home and property and the shop I spent a life time collecting and building.
        Evan, you have not asked for help, you simply have given us the inspiration to do as you have done, should circumstances bite, reorganise, and rejig your life and carry on enjoying machine related adventures. Regards David Powell.

Comment

+++++
          to what David said
          George from Conyers Ga.
          Remember
          The early bird gets the worm, BUT it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair Hosie View Post
            What a revelation. Still he's not the first. I am sorry ! However I have been constantly stung by these requests in the past. I am sad to say I just had to stop giving to any charity. I just don't do it anymore. I have even been stung by family members in the past. Remember there is a very powerful recession worldwide and it has been with us for a long long time. When people are careful about food basics tools seem like a luxury to them and me so no go from me in any way or form. Alistair
            Gee Alistair I was going to hit you up for a Christmas turkey for my family!
            How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

You could save some money if you canceled your internet subscription.

JL...................

Comment

Tough crowd here, so far. I went back and checked madokie's previous posts - he's a regular enough contributor here, and for a reasonably long time. I doubt that there is any scam.

It is a hard and humbling thing to admit when you are down and out. Given okie's circumstances, I am surprised that he's not requesting more.

I wish you all good health and fortune so that this sort of thing doesn't become necessary often on this BBS.
                Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
                ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

We all have limits on what we can do. I prefer to see where my donations of time and money are going and I do give both as does most of my family in the past generations and the future. I didn't exactly ask for help but I was very much helped by some in this online community. That help from some of the forum members is very greatly appreciated. I donate through my church and they run a number of good works projects. None of us can help everyone that needs it.

Comment

I'm a little surprised at some of the replies as well. Perhaps a go fund me site has a different connotation for many, but I don't see this as much different than 1800miner losing his shop.

Of course, my perspective might be a little different because I went through a similar situation. Broke both heels and ended up in a wheelchair. Completely drained our bank account and had to move out of state to live with in-laws until we could get back on our (my) feet again. Ended up becoming a machinist because of it, so it eventually worked out!
                    George

Comment

This sounds legit to me and I don't mind sending $10 or $20. I have had my own troubles and can not manage more. But, I don't like the idea of using a credit card to do it. If there was an address where I could send it or a PayPal account that I could pay it to I would be more willing. I am more willing to trust PayPal than that GoFundMe internet site.

I would also like to suggest that he contact some local charities. Often they are ready and able to help. He may also try his pastor or other head of his church. I know that my pastor has said he has access to funds and can help people in need.
                      Paul A.
                      SE Texas

Make it fit.
                      You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

Originally posted by madokie View Post
                        i am louis richards ,a machinist , and long time user of this site, i need a little help from every body reading this, knocked me off breaking my left leg in 2 places

That sucks. I broke my first bone last year. Shattered my tibia. So I know how it can set you back abit. Im still healing, painful every step.. Ill go check out the GFM site and give what I can. Thanks for sharing.. JR

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

I am not suggesting that nobody donate. I sure don't like the credit card idea though. That will turn me off immediately. I didn't check that far but if that is the only way then it is a no go. I can sure empathize with somebody having medical problems, no question there. I do what I think I can afford to do and donated over $1000 last year to various groups including my church and the Red Cross. I also essentially gave away or nearly so a lot of my gear.

And yes, the church is a good place to start. It is a big part of most denominations reasons for existence.
                          Last edited by Evan; 11-21-2016, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair Hosie View Post
                            You tight arsed bastard.

Every other post for the last year from you has been saying love beats all or something along those lines or I love you guys and now at a time when everyone want all the help they can get [ It is Black Friday this weekend isn't it ? ] You go and piss in Okeys begging bowl.

He was only up that tree in the first place so that he could cut off a lovely burr walnut limb to send to you for an early Christmas present knowing your interest in the brown stuff.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I will tell you exactly what I told 1800miner. Set up a PayPal account to make it as easy as possible to receive donations. I won't even think about using a credit card for this. PayPal is the way.

Then post your email address here and see what happens.
                              How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                              X