Anyone buy from Ali-Express?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone buy from Ali-Express?

They had 3 axis chinese DROs for $258/shipped on sale. They take paypal so I feel better about that but have never dealt with them.
    "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
    world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
    country, in easy stages."
    ~ James Madison

I've bought a few things... hit and miss but never been burned.

Not my favourite, but if they had a significantly better (or only) price then I'd order again.

The thing to remember is that you aren't buying from Ali-Express any more than you are buying from Ebay. They are just offering a service that connects sellers to buyers... and probably a bit more tilted to the seller than Ebay is.

That said, I did order one "too good to be true" item that did turn out fraudulent and I did get a full refund. I didn't even have to complain as they spotted it themselves, froze the transaction, and then eventually refunded without any input from me.

Any link to the DRO?

David...
    http://fixerdave.blogspot.com/

Comment

Here you go https://shoppingcart.aliexpress.com/...00002.2.f1UDUo

The scales sizes are below & were hard for me to find at first. Thanks!
      ~ James Madison

Comment

Looks cheap enough flylo but can you post a better link please as I get "Your Shopping Cart is empty Start shopping now! "

Paul

Comment

Try this
          https://www.aliexpress.com/item/free...999.263.K6dQxa
          ~ James Madison

Comment

I just spent the most frustrating hour trying to get some information from AliExpress about a simple, small order. On 11-11-16 I order about $15 worth of prisims. That day received an email confirming payment accepted and giving an order number. On 11-17-16 I received and email confirming shipment of that order. This afternoon, out of curiosity, I went to my Ali account and looked in my orders page. Nothing. Zero. So, I copied the order number from the email and pasted it into the box to search for the order. "Not Found". Clicked on the number in the email and was taken to a page saying "Oops, not authorized to view....".

Spent a while figuring out how to connect to their chat help. Effing useless. Can only type 150 characters at a time and the session times out and disconnects after 2 minutes. Bullfeathers!! Got nowhere. The person at the other end was very patient but who can type that fast and explain what's needed???? Crap.

Maybe I'll try tomorrow. Maybe I can call 'em or something...

Pissed Pete
            1973 SB 10K .
            BenchMaster mill.

Comment

bought a few bits'n'pieces - some bearings for my bikes which feel great and a couple of CCMT tool holders which I couldn't find anywhere else for anything close to the price. Inserts seat fine. Shipping on both was between 3 and 4 weeks, so a bit longer than some Chinese sellers but not outside what I expect.

I'd buy again. It's nice to have another option in addition to eBay.

Comment

Thanks flylo, looks impressive the head seems quite fully featured and for £210 inc shipping it's very tempting, just the one scale on my BR2J was £300.
                Be nice to to hear from someone who has installed one.

Paul

Comment

Option?

Banggood also sell what appears to be the same set only more expensive DRO & Scales, I have bought quite a bit of stuff from them and had no problems at all.

Paul

Comment

I've dealt with Aliexpress for probably about 5 years and have had no issues, although a little more involved than Ebay. The odd time I did have an issue with an item not showing up or not as described it has always been rectified to my satisfaction, although like I said, not as seamless as Ebay. Same game just a different procedure.

When buying something I know is coming from China I always check pricing for the same item between Ali and Ebay and there can be a significant difference between the two. No clear cut winner on either side, check both before ordering. Between the two they are always better than Banggood or DX, I gave up on those two long ago due to various issues. Maybe things have changed there but I haven't been back.
                    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Comment

I've never used Ali Express. But that looks pretty similar to the DRO that I bought off from Ebay 5 or more years ago. Scales look exactly the same, even the label (without running out and looking at my label). I ordered a new scale from an outfit in CA (after changing mills) and even that one was the same. The readout has the same functions that I have, colors are a tad different, mine is labeled M-Tech (I believe). It has been good to me and never an issue.

There is also another one (same company) listed for a few $ cheaper:
                      https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High...95635de7&tpp=1

Looks like mostly good reviews over there.

Comment

Ordered a wig for a cosplay shoot last week and it showed up monday. Turns out they have stock in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by 10KPete View Post
                          ...This afternoon, out of curiosity, I went to my Ali account and looked in my orders page. Nothing. Zero. ...
                          I seem to recall that was the first stage in my "too good to be true" order. Everything just disappeared for a while, then came back as 'frozen'. Presumably, enough other people complained and everything to do with that seller just got shutdown until they sorted it out.

It was a while ago though. It also took quite a while to resolve, though no effort on my part required. If you did the PayPal thing, then there's no reason to sweat for a while. The only really annoying thing is if you need it and don't know if you have to put a new order in somewhere else or not.

David...
                          http://fixerdave.blogspot.com/

Comment

They say the resolution is 1um, I wonder what the repeatability and accuracy is.

Comment

i've ordered a few dros from ali express- 2 axis for a small g0704 mill, 3 axis for my bridgeport, and a two axis for my lathe. all arrived in less than a week from china to California. They work great, I have no regrets. The manual is useless, that's the only negative i think.

Comment

Working...
                              X