No announcement yet.

A Steampunks Dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ad's gone, what did he want for it? He probably picked up the parts at a scrap yard which beat's melting them down IMHO.

Comment

Wow.... tough crowd....I guess the kitchey lamp doesn't help

Truth be told I've seen rougher looking contraptions when it comes to improvised wood lathes over the years. With the missing tool rest and a motor it would do fine for making smaller things like file handles or other round wood doodads.

The other thing missing is some sort of drive spur. I suspect the builder ground up an axle nut to have the spurs and used a second nut to lock it in place. The center point is ground into the axle but it's missing any sort of spurs to lock into the wood.
      Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
        The ad's gone, what did he want for it? He probably picked up the parts at a scrap yard which beat's melting them down IMHO.
        He wanted $300 for it, and just to be clear I didn't share the ad to criticize him.

Someone on this board probably contacted the seller and then he removed it. It got re-posted 19 hours ago.

"Solid Oak bed. Old bicycle wheel hub used for stationary drive. Safe working work light attached. All hand made/assembled with USA antique vintage parts. Unique 1 of a kind piece. Shown with small 25 watt tube style bulb. "

Comment

Andre, I know you said you didn't post this to criticize the guy..... BUT GOOD GRIEF! $300 ! ? ! ? ! ? Not in my wildest dreams! ! ! !
          Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Working...
          X