Philipson Contour Sander would it work on Metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philipson Contour Sander would it work on Metal

Was wondering if anyone has experience with these belt sanders,I was interested to see if would work on metal.

Never seen one but would think the proper belt would be quite useful on metal.
    North Central Arkansas

Comment

Interesting,a narrow belt sander with a narrow double side platen,neat.I don't see why it wouldn't with the right belt.
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Odd that there's nothing on You Tube on any sort of Phillipson sanders at all. Is it some sort of new company? Or is it the sort of line that is only sold to bigger factories?

Seems like a very big and heavy base for a little band sander. But then it looks like most of their sanders use the same base.
        Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Looks totally photoshoped.

-D
          DZER

Comment

TTT

Google 2 x 72 belt grinder for a look into metal belt grinders.

Hal

Comment

Any belt sander will work on metal with the proper belt on it. The concept of running the belt over a curved or tubular platen instead of a flat piece of plate is a great idea. It opens up a new way to finish inside radii on curved work.---Brian
              Brian Rupnow

Comment

Does it not look to be made out of PVC drain pipe?

-D
                DZER

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
                  Odd that there's nothing on You Tube on any sort of Phillipson sanders at all. Is it some sort of new company? Or is it the sort of line that is only sold to bigger factories?

Seems like a very big and heavy base for a little band sander. But then it looks like most of their sanders use the same base.
                  Made in England since 1968 sold threw Dalton-Wadkin should be good stuff.
                  Originally posted by brian Rupnow View Post
                  Any belt sander will work on metal with the proper belt on it. The concept of running the belt over a curved or tubular platen instead of a flat piece of plate is a great idea. It opens up a new way to finish inside radii on curved work.---Brian
                  That what I thought when I seen pic of one couple years back.
                  Last edited by Tundra Twin Track; 11-29-2016, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
                    Does it not look to be made out of PVC drain pipe?

-D
                    I saw that too. I strongly suspect it's got something to do with dust collection. I also wondered if they were running the belt up inside the tube. But that would require some sort of metal guides to avoid the belt burning into the plastic. So I think it's just and up to small roller and back down again and the tubing is only for dust collecting.
                    Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Here is a pic of the platens,they are 4 different sizes flat on one side curved on opposite side.The Pattern Maker that design this is a genius.It allows for internal sanding,I think the remove able plastic vacuum system could be replaced with metal tube.

Comment

Working...
                      X