Is their such a forum as this for woodwofkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is their such a forum as this for woodwofkers

Iwonder If anyone knows of a forum such as this specifically for woodworkers, turners, furniture makers ,etc Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Hey Big Al,

I don't know what a woodwofker is. Is that what you Scots call a beaver. Y'all have funny names for things, like calling the hood of a car a bonnet.

Comment

www.woodsmith.com

Woodsmith is a magazine that is right next to HSM and MW at the local bookstore. Just started browsing their site.

Comment

forums.taunton.com/tp-knots

[This message has been edited by Uncle Dunc (edited 05-15-2002).]

Comment

My dear C Tate wot yer mean funny names thats English that is in Scotland it's called a THINGUMMYJIG.which is Absodefinately Fan~dabidozy

Comment

What is a woodwofker anyway?

Comment

Alistair,
              I had the pleasure of dining (drinking) with some of your fellow Scots not long ago. I still to this day have no clue what we talked about only words I could understand were lad and beer. Had one of the best evenings ever.

Comment

Try: http://www.woodworkingtools.com/cgi-...i?action=intro

------------------
                Neil Peters
                Neil Peters

When on the hunt, a broken part is better than no part at all.

Comment

I never said woodwofker I said woodworker.C Tate your so right we never can be understood when we've been on the beer.Not that I would know Im schhtrischctly tee total myself as you all know very well. Thrud you fine what a wofker is (surely) hows the digestive tract holding out with your siters cullinery delights any malleable mule lately.Alistair

Comment

Whoops I meant to say anyone else interested try forums.woodworking.com

Comment

Hi Alistair

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Alistair Hosie:
                      Iwonder If anyone knows of a forum such as this specifically for woodworkers, turners, furniture makers ,etc Alistair</font>
                      I too am into woodworking, after all that's ALL I had before buying my metal lathe (happy sigh!).

Anyway I did various searches on the net (Google) for jigs, router jigs etc, woodworking plans and woodword in general. Many of the sites that were "found" provided links to other useful sites.

Although this is not really an answer to your question, I offer it as advice in case you have not already tried this.

I found images of some very useful jigs, and being able to work from an image, was able to make those I liked/needed without the need for plans.

Lang may ye lum reek!

(I had a Scotish uncle, and have a Scot as a close friend &lt;g&gt; )

------------------
                      Kind regards

Peter
                      Kind regards

Peter

Comment

Dear peter I kent yer uncle fine wis his name noh BenDoon.
                        It's lang may YER lum reek noh lang may YE lum reek. Still ahm reekin recht fine fuhr a man oh mah age.Glad you like the Scots(I quite like them myself)course I'm the very best yin oh the hale buch.As if you didn't know.thanks for the advice Peter your obviously a man after my own heart ,and a good one by the sounds of it.
                        P.S if yeh ever get invited tae thruds hoose fur gods sake take yer ain sandwiches.

Comment

Alistair, I've read a lot of articles on safety when turning and milling, such as no long sleeves, ties and such. So how do you secure your kilt? I've been waiting for Thrud to ask but he hasn't and I couldn't wait any longer, Bobby

Comment

A gentleman never asks another about his kilt. Nor should you say "going to the prom sweetie?" Unless you really enjoy having bagpipes surgically removed.

Alistair
                            I do not, I repeat - do not, eat my sisters cooking ever since I went "over the wall". May God have mercy on those burdened with this horrific experience. On the plus side, everything tastes great after that...

Comment

Bonnie boys you are the ones for taking the mickey,
                              I used to own a hotel and my Nice Welsh wife thought it would be good for business if I got a kilt she pestered me incessantly. Then being a canny Scotsman one day in Glasgow I was driving past a well known kilt shop with an (all kilts half price) sticker in the window.I can still hear those brakes screech to this day .In I went and having never tried on a kilt before was a bit embarrassed.I have a large belly so with the help of a little lady I dropped my trolleys and after a few minutes was duly handed a very large bright fluorescent yellow kilt it looked like something Oliver Hardy would be seen in. It's just for size cried the lady never mind the colour.After ten minutes passed I would not come out of the cubicle as it looked bloody stupid it was so long that all you could see were my socks at the bottom sticking out.eventually I was taking so long the lady called me out for a look but I knew something wasn't quite right I took another few minutes continually staring wondering what exactly didn't look right a queue was forming outside eventually I plucked up the courage and stepped out of the box to roars of laughter from everyone sir said the little lady you're supposed to have the pleats at the back.I quickly changed back to my old duds and made my way smartly to my car with the droans of laughter still echoeing from the shop I never wore one since.I asked a Scottish friend of mine is there anything worn under the kilt no he replied not under mine its stll in perfect working order .Alistair

Comment

Working...
                              X