X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Alistair

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Alistair Hosie:
    Dear peter I kent yer uncle fine wis his name noh BenDoon.</font>
    No, you'll never guess it was "Jimmy" &lt;vbg&gt; - should that be pronounced Jimmeh?.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">It's lang may YER lum reek noh lang may YE lum reek.</font>
    Oops, a typo, another case of my hands not listening to my brain.

As a Liverpudlian, I'd better not try and reply in your "language" &lt;g&gt;

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Still ahm reekin recht fine fuhr a man oh mah age.Glad you like the Scots(I quite like them myself)course I'm the very best yin oh the hale buch.As if you didn't know.thanks for the advice Peter your obviously a man after my own heart ,and a good one by the sounds of it.
    P.S if yeh ever get invited tae thruds hoose fur gods sake take yer ain sandwiches.
    </font>
    I assume you have been to Thruds house. Does this mean he's in bonnie (don't think it's a "y" here) Scotland too?

You know, I can almost hear your accent as I read your message &lt;g&gt;.

Regards

Peter
    Kind regards

Peter

Comment

Dear Peter no Thrud does not live near me which is kind oh unfortunate as ah wid be ower his hoose every nicht fuhr mah purridge we take it wih salt yeh understand.The great big muckle lads a Canadian which is basically a Scotsman wih the finest educashun given to man.The liverpudlians are a fine bunch too most oh them derive frae Ireland wherethey play the bagpipes wih a compressor.Advanced or what?.Alistair
      Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Thrud, I understand that not asking about a gentleman's kilt is good manners, but I figured it would turn into one good story. I was right; a flourescent yellow, ankle length kilt worn backwards, and nothing "worn" under it brought tears of laughter to my eyes. Thanks, Alistair, to a good day's start, Bobby.

Comment

Robert
          That's funny. Better worn than wilted...

Alistair
          Is that colour of kilt required for hunting over their? &lt;g&gt;

Comment

The colour Thrud is why we were always (nearly always )beaten in war by our English neighbours they couls spot us coming in the dark.Alistair also it shows up all those meatloaf gravy stains so don#buy one .Your Pal Big Al

Comment

The colour Thrud is why we were always (nearly always )beaten in war by our English neighbours they could spot us coming in the dark.Alistair also it shows up all those meatloaf gravy stains so don't buy one .Your Pal Big Al

Comment

Working...
              X