Anyone tried this type of LED shop light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried this type of LED shop light

Ran across a craigslist add for LED shop lights. After some research it appears they are advertising the same lights listed in this Alibaba add.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...179036936.html

A couple questions come to mind. Has anyone used this type before??? Also im not totally sure I understand the add. They dont list a price only a range from I think 1 - 11. I also think they show a minimum purchase of 40 units. Are you just supposed to contact the seller for a quote ??

Anyone purchased something like this from them before? Can someone fill me in on how it works. I dont need them right away so if I have to wait for the slow boat from china to show up I can. even at 11.00 a piece its still the cheapest LED shop lights I have found.

rather than alibaba, look for them on ali express. It's more like a "buy-it-now" ebay or amazon-like site, where it's about the same stuff but buying is more straightforward end-user consumer targeted.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...FT+LED+tube+T8

As for using them, I've not tried those specific tubes but I have bought several 4ft LED tubes and fixtures (the bulbs were direct replacements for fluorescent, i.e. fit and work in the same old fixtures with the new LED tubes) from Costco and I really like them. Definitely better than flickering fluorescents and pretty much instant on even when cold. A bit brighter too and less energy consumed of course. So far my oldest ones have been working for about a year and a half and still going fine.
    Last edited by tyrone shewlaces; 12-10-2016, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I haven't used any of those,but have been using the LED direct wire bulbs,it would be simple to make your own fixture if you wanted.
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

I bought the Utilitechs from Lowes.. love them.. can't say enough. Shop is so much nicer. Glad to have a fluorescent free life.

Comment

I've recently replaced about 30 4 ft T8 tubes with similar - $5.62 each at Home Depot. Mine were "replacement" not direct wire. Very happy with them

Comment

I'm thinking it is time to do this in my shop, I have about 20 tubes or so. For those who have gotten them did you get the "daylight" or the "cool white" versions?

Comment

I can't make any sense out of their data sheet.
              For examples:

tube 8 tube8 8FT LED tube T8 8FT 4FT LED ( What is a 8FT 4FT ???? )
              1.8FT LED tube light Specification: then the spec, Size 2400x30x30mm

just what the heck is that all mean??????
              ...lew...

Comment

It means you need to read Chinese and get the Chinese data sheets!

Their Translation is less than stellar, but i'm sure they know what they mean. lol

Comment

I think it means they replace an 8-foot fluorescent tube with two 4-foot LED tubes. I updated the non-working 8-foot fluorescent fixture in my newly-purchased shop building with a retrofit kit from Home Depot that included everything needed for rewiring the fixture. I'm happy with the new lights.

LEDs are on the left in the picture.

I can't understand why anyone would use the LED replacement bulbs that work off the ballast. Getting rid of the noisy ballast was really important to me.
                  Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by alanganes View Post
                    I'm thinking it is time to do this in my shop, I have about 20 tubes or so. For those who have gotten them did you get the "daylight" or the "cool white" versions?
                    I went with daylight and don't regret it,but it is mainly a personal choice.

Comment

Originally posted by winchman View Post

I can't understand why anyone would use the LED replacement bulbs that work off the ballast. Getting rid of the noisy ballast was really important to me.
                      Agreed,getting rid of the noise,the flicker and the possible failure is a big plus.At work we retrofitted a bunch of fixtures with direct wire 8' bulbs.$28 worth of new bulbs is a better deal than $55 worth of new ballast.

Comment

If you are willing to wait for a long time on your order its ok. Banggood's order and distribution sucks

Comment

Banggood which I don't buy from have a US warehouse which cost a bit mote but is quick or from China which is cheaper & takes longer.
                          "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                          world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                          country, in easy stages."
                          ~ James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
                            Agreed,getting rid of the noise,the flicker and the possible failure is a big plus.At work we retrofitted a bunch of fixtures with direct wire 8' bulbs.$28 worth of new bulbs is a better deal than $55 worth of new ballast.
                            Costco has 2-48" LED. 110v shop lamps with pull strings and plug. - sale $10.99. Was $29 good till Christmas. Got three , they are bright and good salute color. Come with hangers and plug attached.

You need to plug these in-. I tried to wire into a junction box direct( cut the plug off) and the fixture would not light. Tested current, had juice though-out but no light. Put plug back on and works like a charm. Must be something extra in the plug ?????
                            Very satisfied with light output and quality. Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tincture500 View Post

You need to plug these in-. I tried to wire into a junction box direct( cut the plug off) and the fixture would not light. Tested current, had juice though-out but no light. Put plug back on and works like a charm. Must be something extra in the plug ?????
                              Is it possible that you wired it in with the hot and neutral reversed?

Comment

Working...
                              X