Whole Sale Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole Sale Tools

I just placed a order with Whole Sale Tools and discovered they have there own Forum, here is there contact in case some one is interested.
    http://wttool.mywowbb.com/?utm_mediu...rumEmailClicks

Two posts on the forum in the past year? One asking for help (no response), and one by the moderator.

Looks like a zombie forum.

The useful thing is that they post product manuals there.

I went to the WTTOOL store in Stoughton, Massachusetts about 10 years ago (it looks like it has since closed). It looked like a swap meet... disorganized clutter, stuff just randomly stacked on tables, and broken dirty machinery. I have read similar reports of their other locations.

That kind of influences me when I shop their catalog.

Now that Enco no longer exists, I will probably have to reconsider my bias.
    Last edited by tmarks11; 12-22-2016, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tmarks11 View Post
      Two posts on the forum in the past year? One asking for help (no response), and one by the moderator.

Looks like a zombie forum.

The useful thing is that they post product manuals there.

I went to the WTTOOL store in Stoughton, Massachusetts about 10 years ago (it looks like it has since closed). It looked like a swap meet... disorganized clutter, stuff just randomly stacked on tables, and broken dirty machinery. I have read similar reports of their other locations.
      That's the way the charlotte store was also. It closed last year.

Comment

Their forum is more of a "what we sell" help forum. Wholesale has been hit hard with the offshoring crunch, many branches have closed. Neatness has never been a big deal for them, organized chaos is a better description. If they have what you want then it is hard to beat their prices but frequently it is "on a boat from China". I have purchased a lot of goods from them in the past including a 13 x 40 lathe (pretty decent one too) and a RF-45 clone mill, also a nice machine for it's size except for the crap motor which I replaced.
        The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Working...
        X